Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't I find one? *Edit*

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

A hotel that sleeps 5, that is. We are looking into going spend a 3 day weekend in New Orleans in November. It'll be DH, myself, our 2 children and our exchange student. I'm having a super hard time finding a hotel that will let me book a room without lying about it. 

How do you moms with more than 2 children handle this?

I was able to find us a room at the Drury Inn for the Monday and Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. We'll pay a total of $271.28 for the two nights and that includes a cot. It also includes free hot breakfast, free dinner (finger foods, but it'll be good for the kids) and unlimited soda and popcorn in the lobby. This way we will only have to get them a snack or lunch. It all worked out. Thanks for your advice ladies:)

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Have you thought about renting a house or condo. There is a website called VRBO.com that has rental properties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM

GOTTA LIE NO WAY AROUND IT

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM

We lie.  We have five kids, and I drive home (from Ky to FL) a couple of times and I have to stop on the way, and I just lie about the kids. 

It sucks, but I have to get sleep to drive the rest of the way. 

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Quoting crwspringer:

Have you thought about renting a house or condo. There is a website called VRBO.com that has rental properties.

We are only going for the weekend. That's something we would consider if we were going for longer but renting a condo would probably be out of our price range just for a weekend in NOLA. 

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nurse1997:

GOTTA LIE NO WAY AROUND IT

I was trying my hardest to avoid it but it seems like that's what I'll have to do. Man I hate that, I really do. 

Roxygurl
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM
You'll probably have to book a suite that has 2 rooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I'd still check it out. We rented a 3 be condo at Disney for 2 nights for $129 each night.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting crwspringer:

We are only going for the weekend. That's something we would consider if we were going for longer but renting a condo would probably be out of our price range just for a weekend in NOLA. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12yrmama
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Usually we get a room with two doubles and bring a pack and play for our toddler... not in their bed not on the paperwork. But when she's older I was just gonna pay for the cot, don't they still offer a cot? Or two doubles and a fold out couch (in a suite)?

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Quoting 12yrmama:

Usually we get a room with two doubles and bring a pack and play for our toddler... not in their bed not on the paperwork. But when she's older I was just gonna pay for the cot, don't they still offer a cot? Or two doubles and a fold out couch (in a suite)?

I really don't know about paying for a cot. I'd be happy to but what happens is when I select 2 adults 3 children it tells me there are no rooms available for the amount of people I've selected. 

arsjncmom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I don't know anything about hotels, but maybe if you call the hotels directly instead of using the website, they might be able to accomodate you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)