Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Circumcision regrets or not?

3 years after my husbands vasectomy he apparently grew a third vas deferens and I became pregnant with #4, a boy this time. (I have 3 daughters)

After reading that the AAP and Dr. Sears both say there is no medical reason for circumcision we are fairly certain we aren't doing it.  However my husband is circumcised, and I'm a woman so tough call.

Anyone have uncirsumcized sons or hubbies? Regrets?  Circumcized a baby a regretted it?  Opinions?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Replies (71-76):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:28 AM

No regrets here. DS is 7 years old and he hasn't had any problems.

AliKC
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I have 2 boys and neither of them are circ, my husband is not either so more than anything, I wanted the boys to "look like" their Dad.

mommie2madison
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

And right there - is where it starts to get ugly.  This topic always turns into a debate for people rather than just giving the OP the answers they're looking for.  Reese you are being abrasive and rude because someone mentioned a simple factual trend for this site that is backed up historically with tons of posts on this topic.

That said, I hope you do get the input that you're looking for.  I have 2 girls, but TTC and if it's a boy this time we'll again be have this as a consideration to ponder.

Quoting ReeseStrickland:

No I'm not. Two questions, Did you circumcize and regret or did you not circumcize and regret.  Very simple, so far you are the only ugly thing about this conversations.  If you're so comfortable with your decision then settle down and go comment somewhere else, there is no need for ugliness.  I am just getting as much info and opinions as possible before making a final decision.

tasho
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM

my son is circumsizes we have no regrets 

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Same.

Quoting e-doolittle:

my DS is circumsized.  I do not regret it.

bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I circumsized both my boys and I dont regret it at all their father is also circumsized 

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)