Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you carry a backpack?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

I'm not a fancy purse or bag girl.  I'm a carry my crap in my pockets kind of girl.  I do love cross over bags and I actually have a very nice leather one that I use on occasion, but for the summer I am thinking of getting a backpack to carry my stuff around in ( mostly just my waller, phone and camera and a few snacks) for when I am out and about with the kids so my hands are free.  What sort of bags do you 30 something moms use ( if any).  I would love to see some photos.  

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I don't normally but when we go on trips/vacations I do.
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I don't do a backpack. My daughter has one, though that we pack when we are going to be gone all day, but that is rare. She just brings a toy and we go out for a few hours for errands.

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I have a purse. My oldest daughter has a matching one.
snowpeasmom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I have a simple jansport. That has water bottle and snacks. Sometimes a light jacket, small first aid kit. Extra charger for my phone. A few small toys to entertain my little man if we have to wait somewhere
lovemymichael
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Yeah I figure you can't go wrong with a jansport.   

Quoting snowpeasmom:

I have a simple jansport. That has water bottle and snacks. Sometimes a light jacket, small first aid kit. Extra charger for my phone. A few small toys to entertain my little man if we have to wait somewhere

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Nope I use my purse. It's medium size, so not so big everything gets lost but not too small that it doesn't fit eveything.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Yes. This summer I just started using one everywhere (except church). I like it, very convenient.
christitaylor
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I have a Korean knock off leather backpack I bought

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Not anymore. Now my son carries one for all of us to use. lol.

But I love cross-overs cause they can still be useful and girlie.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a Jansport bag for bigger things  and I have a cross body bag that I use for smaller stuff. 

In my backpack I have a first aid kit, eye wash, Clorox wipes (for port o potties and other public restrooms, also good for cleaning tables at restaurants), baby wipes, OFF, sunscreen, after sun gel, a brush, ponytail holder and bobby pins, chapstick, $20.00 (cause you never know), pens and pencils, a notebook and colors (for boring waits). There could be other stuff in there, you never know. That's the bag I bring when we are at sporting events, the zoo or other places where we'll be all day. This bag also stays in my Suburban all the time. 

My crossbody bag is smaller and is mainly used when we go to the mall (so that I'm not carrying my big purse all over) or like tonight at the street fair. It's only big enough to fit my phone, money & debit card, my license, chapstick, a pen and small notepad and travel size Clorox wipes and travel size sanitizer wipes. I use that when I shop at places that don't have buggy for me to put my purse in, or places where we'll be doing lots of walking. 

I don't carry these all the time, I usually bring my purse. But I do have these bags for the occasions I noted. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN