Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

age appropriate shorts? HELP! lol

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 19 Replies

ok so I am in my late 30's.....wear size 10 (sometimes 12) in shorts and jeans....and need some new shorts (my old ones literally fell apart).  I look at the styles out there and I know I am not suited for super short shorts...nor do I need long ones down to my knees.  Where do you ladies find shorts?  I have some capri that I like ........but I need some shorts that are age appropriate (not teen looking but also not grannyish..if that makes sense.) Also, are jean shorts in style.....or are kacky types better? Help!  (I haven't shopped in a while since I stay at home etc. and money isn't growing on trees here lol)  * also I know some of you probably look good in the teen looking shorts....I am just not comfortable in them.....

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sallij
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I just bought some Merona ones at Target last week that aren't super short but are shorter than Bermudas.
gammie
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I wear a size 10 to 12 too. I looked everywhere till some fit and looked nice. Jcpenny, Chico's , jJill, Ross, Marshals.

I do go into the teens dept. they are better looking shorts you just have too go up a few sizes : /  I shop everywhere and it is stressful.

I have paid $29, to $59

energygirl
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting gammie:

I wear a size 10 to 12 too. I looked everywhere till some fit and looked nice. Jcpenny, Chico's , jJill, Ross, Marshals.

I do go into the teens dept. they are better looking shorts you just have too go up a few sizes : /  I shop everywhere and it is stressful.

I have paid $29, to $59

we have a JC Penny's near by...but not a Ross or Marshalls (I wish!)  Are denim shorts in style...or kacky?

gammie
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I just like wearing jean shorts so that is what I look for, but they do have everything.

Quoting energygirl:

Quoting gammie:

I have paid $29, to $59

we have a JC Penny's near by...but not a Ross or Marshalls (I wish!)  Are denim shorts in style...or kacky?

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM
You can find some classy looking denim and khaki shorts that will fit what you are looking for at many stores such as Target, Penney's, Kohl's, etc. Don't forget you also can shop dtores online and return online as well. I've had good luck buying online at Kohls.com.

Quoting energygirl:

Quoting gammie:

I have paid $29, to $59

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I got mine at gordman's department store and they're always having a sale or coupons that you can get online. The ones I got are about mid thigh and after the sale and the coupon I think I spent $15 or so for 4 pairs.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I like the kacky type or cargo type best & I find age appropiate things at Kohls.

isaacsmommy68
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

JC Penny and Christopher and Banks have a great selection and prices are not too bad. They also are a good quality and will last you.

Quoting gammie:

I have paid $29, to $59

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm of a similar size and have been opting for golf skirts or capri's. I'm 5'3" and have a hard time finding shorts in a length I like. They are either just past my knee or just inches below my butt. I find that golf skirts from Izod are perfect for me. 

yperez0209
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Check out LandsEnd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN