Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How was your 4th of July?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 16 Replies

patriotic

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

It was ok. I've ahd a bad itchy rash for a week and it's just not getting any better and I'm pregnant so miserable would be the right word. I have only been getting about 3 hours of sleep a night so again miserable. We had my parents over and dd had a blast with fireworks but I was so tired and out of it from benadryl that I went to bed early. I had earplugs and honestly only got woken up by fireworks one time. I have no idea what time dd and dh finished fireworks with the neighbors. I woke up at 3am itching like crazy and decided by 3:30 that I wasn't going to go back to sleep. I got up and got a lot of stuff done. The doc thinks I had an allergic reaction to a new medication so hopefully since I stopped that med this will be over in a few days but my skin is just itchy and raw. I'm swollen and just uncomfortable. I was really looking forward to the fourth too. I'm glad dh and dd had a good time though and dd slept in until 9.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Aww...that stinks!  When is your baby due?

Quoting LilliesValley:

It was ok. I've ahd a bad itchy rash for a week and it's just not getting any better and I'm pregnant so miserable would be the right word. I have only been getting about 3 hours of sleep a night so again miserable. We had my parents over and dd had a blast with fireworks but I was so tired and out of it from benadryl that I went to bed early. I had earplugs and honestly only got woken up by fireworks one time. I have no idea what time dd and dh finished fireworks with the neighbors. I woke up at 3am itching like crazy and decided by 3:30 that I wasn't going to go back to sleep. I got up and got a lot of stuff done. The doc thinks I had an allergic reaction to a new medication so hopefully since I stopped that med this will be over in a few days but my skin is just itchy and raw. I'm swollen and just uncomfortable. I was really looking forward to the fourth too. I'm glad dh and dd had a good time though and dd slept in until 9.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine was great!  Instead of having everyone at my house (like we do every year), we decided to go to my parents instead since they just put in a new pool.  On the way to their house, I stopped in Joann's Fabrics and I finally found something that I've been wanting that they don't carry at the store near me.  After dinner we came home and watched the fireworks from our house.  

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

October, two days before dd 7th birthday. She's very excited to be having a sister. I don't know what we would have done if it was a boy! LOL! But I saved everything from the last 6.5 years of hers so we don't need too many things which is nice. If it had been a boy I would have had some major garage sales!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Aww...that stinks!  When is your baby due?

Quoting LilliesValley:

faeryfrog
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I worked. Our town will do the parade and fireworks tomorrow
bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Pretty lame...Our fireworks were cancelled and it rained all day

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

very boring although I did finish up watching Caprica and can move on to Battlestar Galactica

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM

That stinks =(

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Pretty lame...Our fireworks were cancelled and it rained all day

whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Thunder storms all day but cleared up enough @8:45 that we saw fireworks from our windows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkradio193
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM

It was good.  We hung out with friends at a festival in the morning and then other friends in the evening for dinner.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN