Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

patriotic

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (11-16):
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

RAIN. And some family drama. Then early to bed.

Maybe when the toddler is anouther year older we could do local (late-night) fireworks again...

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM

This was what I put on facebook at midnight on the 4th... It was insane...

Had a lazy morning at home with my kiddos. Went to a BBQ At a friends home, then came home to put the kiddos to bed. That's when all hell broke loose. I had JUST put the boys to bed, when I hear an explosion from the neighbors whose house is next to the kids rooms. I walk out on to my front porch, and see the neighbor and a few other people running around, swearing and screaming, and TONS of smoke billowing out of the door and windows.  So naturally I call 911. The fire department shows up (2 ladder trucks), an ambulance, and the Everett PD. Well, my *GENIUS* (lots of sarcasm on that word) neighbor and his brother were trying to make home made bombs/firecracker things, and it quite literally, blew up in their faces. The brother is on his way to Harborview burn center in Seattle, and my neighbor is on his way to a more local center as his burns were less severe. I guess his brother is just a mess. An officer asked where this had happened, so I walked him over to the house and showed him in. The stove is a mess and the burners look half blown up, there are powder marks all over the walls, there were bits of the brothers shirt all over the place from being blown up. And to make it even better, the brothers girlfriend was also there. Shes 8 months pregnant. Why in the name of all things holy, would you mix explosives on the damn STOVE?! So then the officer turns to look in the living room, and tells me to get out. I oblige, who am I to argue with a man with a badge? He follows me out, and tells me that he has to call in the bomb squad because there is an IED on the couch! At this point I start to flip the fuck out. I went back in to my house next door, and make my kids get out of their rooms (since its next to the neighbors house), and they are all currently laying in MY bed at the other end of the house until I get the all clear from the bomb squad officials. If my neighbor and his brother are ok, I may just kill them for putting my family in harms way. *SIGH* I hope every one else had a great fourth, as mine was, well, like I said, interesting.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM
That's awesome! :)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Mine was great!  Instead of having everyone at my house (like we do every year), we decided to go to my parents instead since they just put in a new pool.  On the way to their house, I stopped in Joann's Fabrics and I finally found something that I've been wanting that they don't carry at the store near me.  After dinner we came home and watched the fireworks from our house.  

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours was great. We had hot dogs, hamburgers, and fries for dinner, my brother SIL and nephews plus my MIL came over, and DH had a great time lighting fireworks. :)
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Sounds perfect!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Mine was great!  Instead of having everyone at my house (like we do every year), we decided to go to my parents instead since they just put in a new pool.  On the way to their house, I stopped in Joann's Fabrics and I finally found something that I've been wanting that they don't carry at the store near me.  After dinner we came home and watched the fireworks from our house.  

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Holy Hannah!

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

This was what I put on facebook at midnight on the 4th... It was insane...

Had a lazy morning at home with my kiddos. Went to a BBQ At a friends home, then came home to put the kiddos to bed. That's when all hell broke loose. I had JUST put the boys to bed, when I hear an explosion from the neighbors whose house is next to the kids rooms. I walk out on to my front porch, and see the neighbor and a few other people running around, swearing and screaming, and TONS of smoke billowing out of the door and windows.  So naturally I call 911. The fire department shows up (2 ladder trucks), an ambulance, and the Everett PD. Well, my *GENIUS* (lots of sarcasm on that word) neighbor and his brother were trying to make home made bombs/firecracker things, and it quite literally, blew up in their faces. The brother is on his way to Harborview burn center in Seattle, and my neighbor is on his way to a more local center as his burns were less severe. I guess his brother is just a mess. An officer asked where this had happened, so I walked him over to the house and showed him in. The stove is a mess and the burners look half blown up, there are powder marks all over the walls, there were bits of the brothers shirt all over the place from being blown up. And to make it even better, the brothers girlfriend was also there. Shes 8 months pregnant. Why in the name of all things holy, would you mix explosives on the damn STOVE?! So then the officer turns to look in the living room, and tells me to get out. I oblige, who am I to argue with a man with a badge? He follows me out, and tells me that he has to call in the bomb squad because there is an IED on the couch! At this point I start to flip the fuck out. I went back in to my house next door, and make my kids get out of their rooms (since its next to the neighbors house), and they are all currently laying in MY bed at the other end of the house until I get the all clear from the bomb squad officials. If my neighbor and his brother are ok, I may just kill them for putting my family in harms way. *SIGH* I hope every one else had a great fourth, as mine was, well, like I said, interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN