Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stereotypes

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 79 Replies
There are so many stereotypes, some funny ones some mean ones. What are the stereotypes that you hate & Which ones are kind of true about you?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdgd21
by Diana on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Not true: since we homeschool, my kids lack a social life.
The truth is they have a great social life. Better than most PS kids.
sdgd21
by Diana on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Not true: because I'm African American I like chicken... I've actually got that one from more African Americans then anyone else. Lol
Truth is I spent 7 years of my life as a Vegetarian, and some of that as a vegan. I am no longer a vegetarian, but it had nothing to do with Love for chicken. Lol
sdgd21
by Diana on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Kinda true: Women like chick flicks. While I am in a house full of males, And I rearly get to watch a good chick flick. I do like them but I prefer sify lol
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Bump!
kidlover2
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Kinda true: I am a natural blonde and play the part well
Not true: foodstamps are for non working uneducated people. I was a single working mom on foodstamps and no one ever guessed it by the way I acted and dressed.
True: girls aren't good at math. At least for me.
sdgd21
by Diana on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I know your not true to be the case as well. After 9/11 dh and I had a huge downfall, dh worked what ever could find, I was high risk pregnant and could work. We needed the help. But dh worked the whole time! If you've never been there you can't say anything.

Quoting kidlover2:Kinda true: I am a natural blonde and play the part well
Not true: foodstamps are for non working uneducated people. I was a single working mom on foodstamps and no one ever guessed it by the way I acted and dressed.
True: girls aren't good at math. At least for me.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Uh, I don't know..lol. 

I'm obese and I bathe daily and don't eat loads of crap. I'm not saying I'm super healthy but I don't stuff my face like they show on tv and stuff. I eat what normal people eat. Heck I eat less than one of my friends and she's a size 6. I've watched her eat a whole bag of oreo's in one sitting, and no she didn't share....lol. 

sdgd21
by Diana on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
No I have a friend who us a size 2-4, she can out eat me on any day (I'm a 10). We are all different.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Uh, I don't know..lol. 

I'm obese and I bathe daily and don't eat loads of crap. I'm not saying I'm super healthy but I don't stuff my face like they show on tv and stuff. I eat what normal people eat. Heck I eat less than one of my friends and she's a size 6. I've watched her eat a whole bag of oreo's in one sitting, and no she didn't share....lol. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure are. But let a 350 lb person walk into a resturant or fast food place and see the stares like I'm about to eat the whole place up, chairs and all. Not that I care, because I don't. I'm just saying that it's a typical stereotype people might think about me that isn't true. 

Quoting sdgd21:

No I have a friend who us a size 2-4, she can out eat me on any day (I'm a 10). We are all different.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Uh, I don't know..lol. 

Louweezymarie
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:20 AM
10 moms liked this

Not True: Because I'm spanish, I have a bad temper.

Totally True: The bad temper stems from my husbands' stupidity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)