Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Boxers, briefs or boxer briefs

Posted by   + Show Post
So this has really been playing on my mind, my 13 y/o DS had a sleepover in our house last week. They day after my DS told me that his friend made fun of him because he wears briefs and not boxer briefs. It as always been his choice. I have been trying to get DS to wear them since he was 9 and now thought he finally decided. But he turned around and said he didn't care he got bullied over it because he doesn't like the other underpants type and likes to be "snug". I am proud of him that he is so Brave where most teenagers would conform to peer pressure but I am also worried incase he does get bullied in pe. What to do?
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I'd let him wear what he wants.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM

My boys prefer boxers, they chose to wear them on their own (dad wears briefs).

My advice is to let your son wear the underwear he is most comfortable in.

lenashark
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM
My six year old son and husband both wear boxers. I would encourage him to switch, not for peer pressure reasons, simply because testicles aren't meant to be pushed against the body, there's a reason why they hang outside of the body.
.Peaches.
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I don't have boys, but whatever your son wants to wear is what he should wear.

If he's the type people like to pick on (like I was) it doesn't matter what he does, they'll FIND something to pick on him about, kids are mean that way.

storkradio193
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I'd let him wear what he wants, especially if he doesn't care what others think.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My oldest likes the boxer briefs and my oldest step son likes the briefs.

sarah.bender.99
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:20 AM

My son is 13 and wears briefs too.  Obviously, he's not the only one.  My son's never been bullied about it.  Yes, his friends have made silly comments but he just ignores them.  Just tell him to brush it off anytime anyone says anything.  No response is the best response when dealing with bullies. If they know you don't care they will move on to someone else.  You could also tell him to say something along the lines of "why are you staring at my underwear" lol that would shut them up

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 9, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I agree. DS is 6 and he wears briefs and I'll leave it up to him as to what he wants to wear when he is older.

Quoting diaperstodating:

My boys wear boxers. If your son prefers briefs then he should wear them.
mom2gmp2
by Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM
My son is 12 and wears boxer briefs. I think he changed to them from briefs once he could no longer wear the character briefs. This is going to be his second year of middle school and he has never mentioned anyone being picked on over what underwear they wear. I think he should be fine so long he's not wearing thongs or characters. Lol
SMD24
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM
All three of mine 7,9,11 wear white briefs. They can switch if they want, but I am not going to force the issue
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)