Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

what is everyone doing during summer to fight boredom

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

i need ideas on free or cheap activities to keep kids active and busy . i have a teentwo tweens. a son. and a 5 yr old. four girls one boy

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We spend our days at the pool.

george8256
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM

i wish i could we just moved and i havent had a chance to setup ours yet

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM

We go to the pool or local lake, picnic at the park, free movie at our local theater, visit the library.

At home we play board games. I just made a jar full of boredom busters (I found it on line) that we pick activities from to do.

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I homeschool year round, so we've been doing school, and then in the late afternoons/evenings we've been going to the pool.

george8256
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM

thanks everyone for the iideas

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Have you checked out your library and park district programs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Also park hopping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jandemomfl
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM

We've been pinning ideas and doing them at home this summer.  It's been a lot of fun actually, and fun to see what they kids are interested in.  Here's the link to my Summer board.  http://pinterest.com/educatorsspinon/summer-projects-to-make-and-do/

Plus we've been hosting a Virtual Book Club Summer Camp Online. It's free and filled with lots of ideas and a few fun giveaways for participants.

http://www.theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/p/virtual-book-club-summer-camp.html 

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Movie theaters can offer free movies (weekdays/early morning), local state museums are free (sometimes), local national/local parks (hiking, bird watching), look online for awesome local playgrounds in nearby cities, and our zoo membership never gets boring.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM

We have a pool. We sent our son to the YMCA summer camp (which is neither free nor cheap). We go to the splash pad at the campground in our city. Our children just finished softball/baseball so it hasn't been a very boring summer for us. They already go back to school August 12th so summer is almost over for them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN