Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Does your DH/SO help around the house?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 47 Replies

Does your DH/SO help around the house?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yryssa1
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Yes. He will help with dinner, dishes and laundry. When his kids are here he takes care of their baths and bedtime.
Whovian82
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Yes. Cleans up after himself and he and I split the mess my daughter makes depending on who sees it first.  He waters my flowers, takes out the garbage, sweepes the garage does the dishes (again depending on who gets to the dishwasher after i t's done) He is truly my partner =) But we both have full time jobs so it's important to team up.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Yes. I wouldn't have married a man that wasn't capable of pulling his own weight.

TY4x2
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

My husband does all the cooking since Im not very good at it.  I do all the rest of the chores inside and outside of the house plus our finances.  If I was working too then we would probably split it.

liss05
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Not as much as I would like lately but he has been having some medical issues so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM

SO is awesome around the house.  When we decided to move in together, we decided that he would take care of the outside and I would take care of the inside.  Which he does really well.

But since he loves to cook and so do I we generally end up cooking together.  He'll clear the table and do the dishes, he also does laundry, he'll run the vacuum and sweep the kitchen floor, along with taking out the garbage, and I don't even need to ask!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM

yes he does ... I never touch a lawn mower or a week wacker, I rarely have to pick up after the dogs either.  All major cleaning chores are shared on weekends.  He also helps me with the dishes,  groceries and sometimes with cooking.

storkradio193
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Yes, all the time.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Yes when he can, he works long hours at work so I don't expect him to do a lot when he gets home from work.

Michelle

Mom to 5 boys and 3 girls

Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody EDD 7-29-13

LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
by Maranda on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM

If he is home and feels the need, yes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)