Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Going on a cruise

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 22 Replies
We are planning to go on our 1st cruise in September. We will be taking our 1yr old and 3 yr old. Any tips???
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM

None but I'm following this one closely because we are supposed to be taking one in April with our kids. They aren't as young as yours though. They'll be 7 and 11 when we go. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

here's a bump.  Have fun!

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:05 AM

No tips, but I hope you all have a great time!!!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mysweet1s
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM
We went in February for the first time...it was awesome!! I would bring an umbrella stroller for both of them. We traveled with a 2 1/2 year old who never sat in a stroller in her life, but she lived in it that week. I'm not sure what line you are using, but many don't allow swim diapers. We quick potty trained my daughter, but I did see some people with small blow up pools next to their lounge chairs on deck. Ours loved the kids clubs, use them if you can...its a really nice break for you and the kids! Wear swimming suits to the ship on the departure day and bring any baby essentials in your "carry on" - your bags won't get to your rooms for a couple hours. Have a great time! We sure did :)
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Talk to your ped. About how to deal with possible motion sickness for the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

No tips but it is A LOT of fun even with kids(mine were 2 &7when we went). They always have something going on for families to do together and stuff just for the kids.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I've travelled a lot with my DD but Never been on a cruise ... have a blast !!

mommy2boys03
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

We went when my oldest was 2 and on the ship we were on there wasn't alot to do with a young child.  The person who is going with the older kids make sure you sign them up for the kid camp.  Every child we saw that was apart of that was having a blast and often were rushing through dinner to go back to the evening session.  Make sure you bring plenty of diapers for the babies and swim diapers and a stroller is a must since most things are a far walk for little ones.  Our waitress and cabin steward were great with my son and they love seeing young children since most of them don't see their own children for months at a time.  A must is getting the sea sickness meds before you leave to have just in case and I would recommend that one of you get the pop pass in case they get sea sickness.  The doctor on the at ship told me to give my son flat coke to help settle his stomach.  Which cruise line are you going on?  That will make a difference for what they have.  I know for the kids camp they have to be potty trained.

Tylersmom119
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
The small pool is a great tip, thanks! Did you take a pack and play? We were thinking of carrying ours on. We are going to have an interior room, which I know is small, but we should be able to fit the pack and play and still have a tiny bit of floor space right? We will be on carnival fantasy.

Quoting mysweet1s:

We went in February for the first time...it was awesome!! I would bring an umbrella stroller for both of them. We traveled with a 2 1/2 year old who never sat in a stroller in her life, but she lived in it that week. I'm not sure what line you are using, but many don't allow swim diapers. We quick potty trained my daughter, but I did see some people with small blow up pools next to their lounge chairs on deck. Ours loved the kids clubs, use them if you can...its a really nice break for you and the kids! Wear swimming suits to the ship on the departure day and bring any baby essentials in your "carry on" - your bags won't get to your rooms for a couple hours.

Have a great time! We sure did :)

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I honestly can't imagine taking little ones on a cruise. We never got back to our room until after midnight. It always looks to me like the people with small kids aren't having much fun. Good luck to you though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN