Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair Loss .... -_-

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM
  • 14 Replies

is it happening to you?? 

For the past 4 months, I noticed my hair is thinning... I'm 37!!  I am loosing clumps of my hair when I shower!  Seriously, when I attempt to dry my hair, strands are coming out in my hands and I have to keep pulling them out, gently, because they are stuck in my fingers.  Has this happened to you?? At first, I thought it was the shampoo and conditioner.  BUT... no.  Any suggestions on what I can use?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Thyroid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama110981
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Are u on any medications? Stressed? Im a stylist and educator in the beauty industry. I have seen this many times. There is a product called nioxin that is literally a miracle worker. I have both male and female clientele that swear by this. I would also recommend looking into seeing a dermatologist
lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM

No.  I'm 38 and my hair is still very thick.  I would talk to your doctor about it.

Outrageous
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM

hhmm ... not my thyroid... i actually had blood work done because i was juicing and all of my bloodwork came back perfect a month ago.

I am not on any medications..... nothing.  i don't even use tylenol.  I am in perfect health. Not even stressed.  I did look up the Nioxin product Mama110981 mentioned ... I did the analysis.  I am wondering if it has something to do with the constant exposure to sun and chlorine?? I spend a lot of time doing water photography as well as regular photography.  But.. it mentioned chlorine as a factor. I have a head full of curly hair and I feel it getting thinner and thinner ..........

Thxs for responding ladies! I am sooooo trying to figure this out!

anxiousschk
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM

If it's coming out in clumps, mention it to your doc.  

However, my hair has thinned considerably and I'm only 31.  Some of it is genetic.  

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM
No. I am 33 and my hair is still thick.
ambertreas76
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Thyroid issues can cause it. Low magnesium and iodine. Hell, just plain stress can cause it!
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

it happens ... my hair has thinned out a lot.  It is also very brittle / fragile. No matter what I do.  I've stopped drying it with a hair dryer, I don't wash it everyday, I even stopped cutting it and now they are getting much better.

I wash my hair with Nioxin , I do hair treatments once a month, I take supplements just for hair and scalp and it's getting better.  Blood work is fine on my end as well, nobody can figure it out.  I do, however,  have a lot of stress in my life. My friend SWEARS by Flinstone vitamins, apparently they make hair grow and it helped her tons.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Nope.

Tammywhynot
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok I have this problem too, I have pcso, which is polycystic ovarys, due to this my hair falls out loads.its cos my hormoan level is so low. Im currently loosing weight which boosts your hormone level, seems to be working for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)