Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Is it common for a woman in her 30's to not want intimacy?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't want it.  I don't want anything to do with it.  Whether it be a kiss, a hug... or more.  I don't want it from my husband. I just want "space".  I don't want to be fussed with or over.  Just leave me be.  I don't know if it's something common that women my age go through or if it's saying something about my relationship.  Does this sound familiar to any of you? 

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Yeah, when I'm pissed off but I like intimacy on a reguler basis though.

dommad2
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM

How late into your 30's are you? I have heard both. For my I actually became more into it however there could be a chance you are perimenopausal and that is what is causing it. Due to health issues I started menopause at 24. When it started if my husband even looked at me suggestively he got the stink eye. Now I'm more eeven emotionally and am always interested myself.

Coach777
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Maybe that's it.... I'm pretty much pissed off at him all the time, it seems. 

Coach777
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Someone else had mentioned the early Menopause thing.  I don't know if that is the cause of it or not.  Hmm.  Are there tests for that?  How can the doctors tell?

Coach777

I"m 36

.Peaches.

For me, no, that would not be normal, I'm a touchy-feely person, especially when it comes to him.

A woman in her 30's is hormonally at her sexual peak, generally speaking.

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quoting Coach777:

Someone else had mentioned the early Menopause thing.  I don't know if that is the cause of it or not.  Hmm.  Are there tests for that?  How can the doctors tell?

There are tests they do to measure hormonal levels.

Coach777
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Hmmm... maybe I had better ask my family doctor about it.

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM
6 moms liked this
Currently I'm the same. I think it's because I always have small children lugging on me during the day so in the evening when the babes are in bed I just want to be left alone.
Coach777
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It's true.  By the time the kids go to bed, I'm done.  Then I have to continue with chores until I can't stand up anymore.  Then you wake up the next day and it all starts again.  Then again, even in passing (while getting the kids ready, while driving to and from work etc, etc)... I don't even welcome a touch of the hand, a kiss... I just shrug and pull away.  Which can't be nice for him, I know... and I feel bad about that.  Just don't want it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)