Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Would you let a teenager babysit your kids?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 64 Replies

Would you let a teenager babysit your kids? What's the youngest age you'd let watch them?

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

My teenager does sometimes babysit my kids. My oldest is 15 and my youngest is 5.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I was around 13 when I started babysitting 3 kids ages 5,3,8 months. Even though I handled it well, now as a mom I would never let someone so young watch by kids. I think the youngest I let watch them is a college kid.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Oh... I thought it said would you let your teenager not would you let a teenager.

No. I would not let a teenager babysit my kids.

For me it's a little different. I have never actually had a babysitter for my kids, only family members - so no  I would not let a teenager watch my kids since  I've never had a non-family member adult watch my kids before.

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Yes. My neighbors daughter was 12 when she started watching my kids for an hour or so...with her parents home next door. 

Our evening babysitter was 15 when she started watching for us. She is 21 now so she doesnt babysit anymore.

My 11 year old is taking a babysitting course right now too. 

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Depends on the teenager.  14/15 for a mature teen, 16/17 for an average teen.  And there are some I would never trust, so again, depends on the teen.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I never had to. I have tons of family willing to watch them. I understand not everyone has this option, I'm just saying I'll never have to worry about that. 

Tammywhynot
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:16 PM
NOPE...... My step daughter is 16 and I wont let her babysit mine or anyone elses kids. She is very mature and responsable but still its nor her job. They would panic in an emergancy dont forget they are kids themselves, besides dont want her to think its all rosey looking after kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM

depends what we were doing and how far away we were.

lizzig
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM

that's the only sitters they have.  their favorite sitter just turned 16, started babysitting them when she was 14 1/2. 

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Haven't yet, but I would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN