Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are you fulfilling your dreams?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:07 AM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am just wondering... Are you ladies living the life you had planned? Even if your plans changed along the way. Are you happy with where you are in life at this point?

I am currently struggling with the fact that things did not go as planned. I guess I am stuck in self-blame mode. However, I love my family and know that if a lot of things had gone differently, I might not have what I have today. I am very grateful for all I have, yet sad for what I gave up. Hoping that makes sense and wondering if anyone feels something similar.
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I used to be a kindergarten teacher and that was my dream growing up but after I had my son, and after all the horrible changes our school system went through where I live, I left teaching. I was miserable. Now I'm a senior teller for Bank of America and love my job! :)
Sigmalade
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:45 AM

My plans and goals have changed a little, but I am on my way to fulfilling more of my dreams. For awhile, I felt stuck, but now I feel so much better.

winnyz
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I'm struggling to grasp that my life as I know it will be over. I don't know if I want to continue with this pregnancy. I'm in my 30's and the dad and I have been in an on and off relationship for the past 3 years. He already has kids from a previous marriage and never has steady work. I know I would have to me the sole provider for this child and I don't know if I'm ready for this. I haven't stopped crying and feel selfish and hate that I'm even considering not having this child.
MomE3
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Honestly I don't know any woman who actually got to follow her own dreams We all love our families or love our lives but everyone has something that was/is very important to them that they had to give up I'm 34 years old with 3 kids that I love more then anything I wouldn't trade them for the world but no I am not at all where I thought I would be lol I'm getting there tho Don't give up! Its never too late to remember who you are and fight for it!
Pukalani79
by Kris on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I am nowhere near what I had envisioned for my life.  It's not a glamorous life by any means.  It's challenging in a lot of ways, and I don't travel as much as I'd like.  But all that being said, my life is amazing, and I'm so glad I am where I am.

KeimUNCmomof3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I got to follow my dream, didn't "make it" as far as I thought I would...but, it's OK.... family life changes perspectives on things and my priorities are different now.  I have new aspirations in life and following that now.

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I had planned on being a SAHM so I guess you could say that I'm living my plan.

Michelle

Mom to 5 boys and 3 girls

Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody EDD 7-29-13

hendersoneve
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I can't complain because I have a roof over my head and a great job but i'm not in the state I want to be in or in the job i've always wanted. Sometimes you just missed that boat in life and it never comes back :-/

nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Women have set backs thanks to being a wife and a mom once things settle down in life and you have a little more time for u  most  rediscover them selves and get back on track with their own dreams ! 

Lexa13
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I am not going to bash u for ur statement but hear me out. honey u knew what to expect from the man ur with when u got pregnant w his child. that being said maybe just maybe having the baby will be an eye opener for u to get out of the relationship n raise a happy healthy baby by urself. Lord knows I did. my dd was 2 mos old when my ex hubs n i separated. BEST THING I COULDVE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF OR HER. dont punish the baby for ur mistakes n poor judgement in a man. now put ur big girl panties on n get urself together to bring that baby into the world :) gd luck

Quoting winnyz:

I'm struggling to grasp that my life as I know it will be over. I don't know if I want to continue with this pregnancy. I'm in my 30's and the dad and I have been in an on and off relationship for the past 3 years. He already has kids from a previous marriage and never has steady work. I know I would have to me the sole provider for this child and I don't know if I'm ready for this. I haven't stopped crying and feel selfish and hate that I'm even considering not having this child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)