Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

He is testing my limits.

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM
  • 13 Replies
DS is 14 months old (10 moths adjusted) and and he has learned how to throw tantrums. I am so over it!

It is a fight to... Change his diaper, feed him a meal, eat a meal or take a shower or anything else for myself. Bedtime is a fight. Getting into the car seat is a fight.

You get the picture. He has basically decided that he will do things when he decides, not when Mom or Dad decide for him. And, of course, his timing is always at the worst possible times for me.

I know he is just testing his limits, but I hope he gets past this stage very soon. Did your children ever go through this? At what age(s)? How long did it last?

EDIT: After reading some of the responses I feel I should clarify. I am not looking for advice or sympathy. I was just curious when/how long it lasted in other babies. I am very aware that every child I different. If you knew our whole story, you would know that DS does not fit the mold. I am not loathing this time. I loath certain moments while I am in that moment, but then he will stop and smile the most amazing grin and I forgot the bad moment ever happened. All I was saying is he has officially entered this stage and was curious about others. Please, don't think I am complaining. My baby is the most amazing person in the world to me, as I am sure you all feel about your babies. And finally, while I was not fishing for sympathy, it is still nice to know I am not alone. :-)
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
So busy lately, I am damned near falling asleep sitting up. I think a nap is in order.
Yesterday at 3:54 PM
by Maranda on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I think all of my children did around that age. It varied on how long it lasted.

nurse1997
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep dont let it faze you go about your bizz he will stop  ;]

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Geez~ it's been a long time since my kids were that age but I do remember the diaper changing wrestling stage. ugh!

I hope he grows out of it soon!

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Mine did not, but I just had to post, wow, 4 mos preemie?! That is amazing! Congrats on your miracle baby! :) even if he's testing his limits now. ;) good luck! :)

MABmommy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Thank you so much! He was actually 3 1/2 months early. Born at exactly 25 weeks. He is definitely a miracle baby. Doctors are constantly amazed at how well he is doing. He had pretty much grown out of all the problems they had predicted he would have. Just a little slow to gain weight, but he eats constantly so I just blame the fact that he is always on the move, even in his sleep lol. That's probably why it's do difficult for me to ignore his screaming now. I want to make him as happy as possible because the first six months of his life were so hard for him.

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

Mine did not, but I just had to post, wow, 4 mos preemie?! That is amazing! Congrats on your miracle baby! :) even if he's testing his limits now. ;) good luck! :)

MABmommy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I understand what you are saying. It is so difficult to ignore because my roommates also have a baby just a couple months younger than him. So, I usually try to redirect his attention rather than ignoring him. It's kind of difficult if she is sleeping because I don't want my DS to wake her.

Quoting nurse1997:

Yep dont let it faze you go about your bizz he will stop  ;]

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Definitely!

Quoting mumsy2three:

Geez~ it's been a long time since my kids were that age but I do remember the diaper changing wrestling stage. ugh!

I hope he grows out of it soon!

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM
yup. This too shall pass, sooner or later! Mine is 19 mos she hit tantrums about a month ago.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Not sure if you are looking for advice or just sympathy. If the former, read this:

Terrible Two's: Tell Me This is Just a Phase! 

If the latter, then, carry on... I'm sure you'll continue to get lots of SAME HERE posts. I think we've all been through it, or will soon. Hah.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

kidlover2
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I will say enjoy it. Every stage brings its difficulties and its joys. Don't bother loathing this stage because it only gets different, not better, not worse. I have a 10 year old and some days I wish I had enjoyed those " terrible twos and treacherous threes" just a little bit more. :) They grow up too fast.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN