Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your parents divorced?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 81 Replies

Are your parents divorced? If so, how old were you when they got divorced? Did it effect how you feel about marriage?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mazie0723
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Nope they've been together for 37 yr and married for 35.
CoolMommyofboys
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM
My parents are still married as are the inlaws. All of our grandparents never divorced. My brother is still married as is DH's sister
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Nope. Been together since 13 and 15 and married since 79. Heres a bump

I will say this....I don't believe in marriage and my parents never divorced.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM

No, they've been married for 39 years!

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM

No.  My father died when I was 9 1/2 years old.  My mother remarried to my stepfather when I was 15 and I've been spoiled rotton.  They will celebrate 16 years of marriage at the beginning of next month.

My parents did not have a great marriage though, my dad was an alcoholic and was not a very good husband.  They would have gotten divorced if my father had lived.  He actually was a great dad,despite being an alcoholic, but like I said,  he was a very bad husband.

I knew my father loved me, but he had hang ups.  My parents marriage never colored how I viewd marriage because I always looked at my grandparents (on both sides) marriage on how they were supposed to work and they were both great examples.  I hope to also experience 50+ years of happy marriage like them. 

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM

No...but they should have been.  Their marriage did affect the way I view marriage.  It gave me an insight as to what not to do.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM

nope, just celebrated 50 years. and DH's will celebrate 45 in a few months.

Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Nope, my parents were married for 48 years when my mom passed away.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM

They were never technically divorced but my dad left when I was almost 14 y/o and wasn't part of our lives in any way from that point on. He passed away 11 years ago.

I never planned to get married, maybe that was part of it, but I met and married my husband 19 years ago.

soymujer
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM

My parents have been divorced since I was a baby.  My dad has been married and divorced many of times since then.  I vowed to not be married as many times as he was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)