Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O what's one thing you hate about men?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 13 Replies

I hate how men get the phrase "men are visual creatures" to excuse them from not having some form of self control when oogling other women.....in the presence of their so or otherwise. 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deb51980
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I hate being oogled in a business situation.....and yes, the meeting was indeed sidetracked and boring.  I had a private conversation with himduring break to suggest that this sort of thing could hurt his career.  He began to deny but cutting him off I simply said that I was doing the nice thing and have no more to say.

Assuming you have just one s/o can you try to educate just that one?  Say that this hurts him as it hurts the relationship.

Men as a group do have a better sense spatial relationships than have women.  Men differ in terms of being sensitive to their S/O feelings.

whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I don't hate anything but there are some things that drive me crazy. The main thing is when I ask him "what do you want for dinner? Or do you want to.go here or here?",and he just shrugs or says "I don't care."instead of answering . Drives me crazy. His dad, my dad, do it too...about major things he has an opinion , but things like that never and im too tired to think all I get is a shrug...ugggh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Lol dh does the I don't care thing too. Drives me nuts.

Quoting whatmynameagain:

I don't hate anything but there are some things that drive me crazy. The main thing is when I ask him "what do you want for dinner? Or do you want to.go here or here?",and he just shrugs or says "I don't care."instead of answering . Drives me crazy. His dad, my dad, do it too...about major things he has an opinion , but things like that never and im too tired to think all I get is a shrug...ugggh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Its pointless to try and educate dh he's real bullheaded and of the deny deny deny generation. If I ever get annoyed at him eye humping a chick I just make sure to put some swing in my step to remind him who he's with when the vultures come a circling.....

Quoting deb51980:

I hate being oogled in a business situation.....and yes, the meeting was indeed sidetracked and boring.  I had a private conversation with himduring break to suggest that this sort of thing could hurt his career.  He began to deny but cutting him off I simply said that I was doing the nice thing and have no more to say.

Assuming you have just one s/o can you try to educate just that one?  Say that this hurts him as it hurts the relationship.

Men as a group do have a better sense spatial relationships than have women.  Men differ in terms of being sensitive to their S/O feelings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Not really a hate but it really bothers me when my husband uses "I forgot " as an excuse  for just about everything.

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM

When my husband says I don't listen to him yet he doesn't listen to me either ... gah !

yellowrose6145
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I hate it when a man say's he don't like heavy set women, most of my ex's friends didnt like them , but lord behold when a party comes up and i have a couple come over, there usally all over them , cause they are just beautiful and funny ....Than you see how everything changes ...I hate it when there judgemental how how a women should look , instead of seeing what's under all that laughter..

clairewait
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Quoting whatmynameagain:

My husband and I were having this problem and I finally sat him down and had a heart to heart about it. At first I felt like I was being super sensitive or just annoying, but it was preferable to getting really mad and annoyed every time this happened.

For me it isn't the indecisiveness... it is the fact that so many decisions were falling on me (like meal planning, social planning, HOUSE things, you know), and it becomes stressful to be the only one juggling that stuff.

It sounds silly, but when I compare my management of the HOME to his management of his business, he totally gets it.

Sometimes, dinner negotiations are simply a sounding board for me to figure out how to be more creative. Other times, my brain is fried and I just want someone else to PLAN the damn thing. I'll cook it, but I don't want to think about what to do with what and when... 

Anyway.

My husband has become much better about this one, and now when he says "Up to you..." or "Whatever..." I can combat it by saying, "No. Seriously. I can't make another decision today. I'm delegating thinking out to you..." and he gets on board.

We joke about it now. But running a house is a full time job. And tiring. AND MONOTONOUS. Just like running a small business.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

akingsmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Right now everything
Sunshine257
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Haha that is me when I am mad at my husband.

No seriously I guess the turning the argument around on you or changing the subject to something " you did " lol I don't know if all men do that but I swear pretty much every man I have been with has.

Quoting akingsmom:Right now everything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)