Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

fixing meals in the summer...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 37 Replies

I have a question for you ladies. What do you all fix for dinner on those really hot days in the summer? You know when it is too hot to be turning on the oven.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crystalsweeney
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM
We do either a sandwhich or a big salad
Nickmom1118
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

they are great options. I am not really sure what to fix. I did pork chops in the crock pot. tonight. It is supposed to be in the 100 until friday, and I'm running out of ideas. lol

Quoting crystalsweeney:

We do either a sandwhich or a big salad

paytonleximomma
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything in the crockpot. Lol. I hate cooking when its hot cause nobody wants to eat when its hot.
momofsunshine77
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

crock pot, eat out, simple stove top - hamburgers, grill stuff.  I refuse to turn an oven on LOL.  In the morning when it is cooler I will use a toaster over, but that is it!!! 

crystalsweeney
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids also love to have a bowl of cereal sometimes as well but when we do the sandwich's we have chips and we all sit on the kitchen floor and act like we are having a picnic they love it and it is a fun family night as well
hockey21
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

lol....its 'grilling season'........!  actually  we grill all year around!, but with the temps in 90's and humid, I go out as far to swim...hubby does the grilling

sdgd21
by Diana on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM
That's cute!

Quoting crystalsweeney:

My kids also love to have a bowl of cereal sometimes as well but when we do the sandwich's we have chips and we all sit on the kitchen floor and act like we are having a picnic they love it and it is a fun family night as well
sdgd21
by Diana on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I try to use my electric grills ect, or BBQ out doors. But to be honest I was thinking the same thing today.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Cereal and sandwiches

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Pasta Salads. I make them early in the morning before the heat of the day so we have a nice cool dinner.

But it doesnt get hot enough here for the option of the oven to be totally out of the question. It is upper 80's/ low 90s and super muggy right now but I still made pizza LOL.  I know that is not hot at all compared to some of the temps ladies here get too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)