Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

chafing help please

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 15 year old son is in marching band and once again is having a chafing issue(down there). Does any one have any advice on how to prevent it or heal it faster? We have used vagasil and it helped some but it just keeps coming back.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
FrumpyMama
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Vasaline or buy him a ChafStick.  Apply it to where the chaffing spots before he goes off. Some of the brands even have a recovery version.  Good Sporting goods stores have them.

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I was going to suggest a sporting goods store as well. The teacher might even be able to recommend a product...although I'm not exactly sure how you would bring that conversation up without it being at least a little awkward lol

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Oh, can he wear Lycra running shorts under his uniform? Those are pretty good at preventing chafing, a trick I learned from being a military wife- they wear them under their running shorts.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I read something about using anti-perspirent would help

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM

My husband works in a hot factory and when he gets chafed he uses A&D diaper cream. Sounds silly but he says it works and as recommended it to others at the factory.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I would say biking shorts under his uniform - to prevent direct rubbing.  Boudreaux Butt paste is great for any rashes - or any diaper rash cream.  Even though DD is 9 years old, I ALWAYS have a tube of diaper rash cream around it's awesome for any scrapes, scratches, rash ...

mum2wyatt
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Calmaseptine cream. It's main use is for incontinence, but I have used it for years on many things from healing after birth, pad chafing & diaper rash. It forms a protective barrier on the skin & has zinc in it for a numbing agent. I would use that & go with the running shorts under the uniform like peaches suggested. Good luck. Hope you find a solution.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I'm not sure but here's a bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN