Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What was your First Job (spinoff)

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 31 Replies

I am watching Austin and Ally. If you are familiar with the show you know the character Trish changes jobs frequently.

As a teenager or young adult did you change jobs frequently, or did you have a family member, friend or acquaintance who did?

briefcase

For new members you can answer my previous question "What was your first job" in another thread if you would like.

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

In high school I had a friend who had several jobs during our teenage years, my little sister also had several jobs when she was a teenager.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

No.  I've only had 3 jobs in my life.  I can't think of anyone else who changed jobs frequently either.

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I only had one job before becoming a sahm. I managed a Domino's pizza for 13 years.

Now my twin brother, on the other hand, worked at about 6 different jobs before landing the job he has now.
Pukalani79
by Kris on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I babysat for years, then when I was a senior I started working as a clerk at a local grocery store.  I did that for a few months, before being offered a better job with higher pay in a pharmacy.  I moved quite a bit so my jobs changed, but I typically only had one job whereever I lived. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM

No, I was at each of my jobs for a few years each, some longer than others.

I didn't have any friends who changed jobs frequently either.

LCG83
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:17 AM
If we're not counting babysitting, I worked at the library for a month. Lol. Then we lost our home in a fire and moved too far for me to keep working there. I was glad though. I had too much on my plate to have a job at that time.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Worked at a grocery store from 16 to 19. In between that I worked at Waffle House, a gas station, and an Italian restaurant. Quit all 3 within the 1st week. Also worked as a telemarketer & was fired for not coming to work after a holiday.
kidlover2
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I was babysitting on a regular basis at 12 and I was working at a grocery store at 16.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I did not change jobs frequently as a teenager. I worked at my first job for about 6 months and my second job for a year.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM

No, not really. 

My first job was babysitting and I hated it. I was 14 and the kids I had to watch were 12, 10 and twin 8 year old boys (the older two were girls). None of them listened to anything I said and the boys would take off on their bikes and I couldn't find them. I got paid $50 a week. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN