Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Anyone else start Xmas layaway now!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 58 Replies

Morning all,

Yep you read right, tomorrow morning while hubby is home with our kids, I will go to Kmart, to being the task of christmas shopping for 8 kids range from 12, 10, 2 yrs old. I did this last yr and it was worked great.. All the other yrs I did in November and was going crazy till December 22. I've already check with two of the cloest Kmart in my area that have mostly everything I'm looking for. Beside the kids stuff, this yr I'm going to add my parents, in laws to the layaway. Anyway just want to see if anyone else is doing this?

juggling

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
About to start
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

No.  I've never done layaway, but I have started shopping.  Target has their toy clearance going on right now with lots of things up to 50% off.  By the end of next week, the clearance toys should be 70% off.  I stock up there every year and save a bundle!

mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Thanks! Going to their website now to look.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

No.  I've never done layaway, but I have started shopping.  Target has their toy clearance going on right now with lots of things up to 50% off.  By the end of next week, the clearance toys should be 70% off.  I stock up there every year and save a bundle!

Sigmalade
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't done layaway in about two years. I will start in September. This year we are only doing a few clothes and like one big toy. Everyone else will be getting socks from us this year!

Pink.Frosting
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I don't have a Kmart anywhere near me.  :0(  When my kids were little and Walmart still did layaways, I always started their Christmas layaway in October.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Their website is slower than the store when it comes to marking things down.  I bought 2 things at the store this week that were 1/2 off and online they are only 30% off.

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting lalasmama2007:

mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I wish I could go but my kids aren't well behaved!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Their website is slower than the store when it comes to marking things down.  I bought 2 things at the store this week that were 1/2 off and online they are only 30% off.

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting lalasmama2007:

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I've already made most of my Christmas gifts. I still have to do my kids but other than that I'm done.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

No. Nothing we are buying is able to be put on a layaway program. 

We are getting the kids each a Kindle Fire DH with accessories and a pair of Beats headphones. DD is getting an American girl doll (Saige) and a few accessories and DS will get clothes (his request). 

As for stocking stuffers, they will get Amazon gift cards, bath and body stuff and other small things I can find. 

Every year we do quantity over quality and nothing we buy gets used or played with. We spend a ton of money on more gifts but the kids just aren't interested in toys anymore. So this year we told them that we were going to do less gifts but better stuff. Plus we are taking more weekend trips and vacations now too so they are happy. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

I don't have a Kmart anywhere near me.  :0(  When my kids were little and Walmart still did layaways, I always started their Christmas layaway in October.

Wal Mart does a Christmas layaway now I think. They did the last two years. Check into it! Also, Sears does a layaway online. You just fill your cart, make your payments and then when it's paid you choose whether to pick your things up at the store or have them shipped. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)