Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Cheap school supplies

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 15 Replies

I know the other day someone was posting about school supplies. Well the sales have begun!!!  The local ads for next week have some great deals in them. Everything from 25 cent markers to 5 dollar booksacks. I just wanted to remind everyone to check with their local drugstores. I will be hitting up Walgreens for their deals starting tomorrow. They can be cheaper than the dollar stores or walmart!

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Our school offers "no hassle" school supplies. You buy everything at once for a set price for whatever grade you need and they get them at meet the teacher night. Its great for us since we have to drive 30 miles to the nearest Walmart. Probably not cheaper but when you figure in time and money for gas it works out.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Target has a few things I want to pick up.  Staples usually has some bargains as well.  I'll have t take a look at the Walgreens ad.

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I go to walgreens and Rite aid  for notebooks, crayons, pencils, and loose leaf paper. The prices on these items are usual up to a $1.00 less than target or walmart.  Also for anyone who has hand sanatizer wipes on their school supply lists,  Rite Aid usually has their brand on sale for buy on get one free near the end of August.  I also find Elmers glues to be cheaper their, and I can find the larger bottles that the teachers want, which are almost impossible to find at Target and Walmart.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momofthem311:

Our school offers "no hassle" school supplies. You buy everything at once for a set price for whatever grade you need and they get them at meet the teacher night. Its great for us since we have to drive 30 miles to the nearest Walmart. Probably not cheaper but when you figure in time and money for gas it works out.

The parish next to us does that but ours doesn't. You can order the supplies and pay on the school website and it gets delivered right to the school. 

Sometimes the things schools ask for are hard to find. I wish they'd give us that option. 

hburnette3
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I like this idea!'
Quoting momofthem311:

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here. My daughter's school sells school supply kits with everything that they need for the following school year.  All I did was type the school's code into the box on the main page of the website, and specify my daughter's name and the grade she will be going into.  The cost for the box of supplies was $30 (what I usually end up spending on her long list), and it will be sitting on her desk in her new classroom when she arrives on the first day of school.. DD's list is ridiculous. She has to have 9 vinal, 2 pocket folders in specific colors next year. Last year, It was a nightmare trying to find the ones the school wanted, as not many stores carry vinal pocket folders without prongs.  I had to go to office max to get them and they charged $2.00 a piece for them. What a rip off.  I ended up spending well over $50 just on dd's school supplies, as everything sold out by mid July, and I had to shop online for alot of the items.  This school supply buying program is a life saver. I wish ds's school would do the same. Thankfully, the teachers aren't that  picky at ds's school, and if all we can find is Target brand school glue, they don't make a big deal out of it.

Quoting momofthem311:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Our school district has this option at the Elementary Schools. It is an option, so you can buy your own school supplies if you prefer.

Quoting momofthem311:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you

Sigmalade
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I always forget about Rite Aid and it is right around the corner from me. I have to look there also. 

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Yeah no kidding about the hard to find. Ds's teacher put LARGE glue sticks. I'm guessing since she capitalized large this is an important item to her. As far as I've seen there is only 1 size. No small or large.

Oh and Menards is running some good sales.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting momofthem311:

The parish next to us does that but ours doesn't. You can order the supplies and pay on the school website and it gets delivered right to the school. 

Sometimes the things schools ask for are hard to find. I wish they'd give us that option. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)