Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Uh oh - he's on to us!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM
  • 6 Replies

When we bought DS#2 his pet guinea pig about two months ago, we did not know she was pregnant.  She had babies 5 weeks after we got her.  The babies are 3 weeks old now.  When we realized she was pregnant, we said we would probably keep one baby and find homes for the rest.....we had no clue how many babies she was carrying and guinea pigs can have 1-7 babies at a time.  We also said we would not be able to keep any male babies because we already have a male....but he is too old (and not related to the babies) we cannot add a young male to his cage.  She only had two babies -- both female.

We definitely cannot keep three grown guinea pigs in the cage we bought when we got the female.  We cannot put a female piggy in with our male (unless we want to keep having this issue come up....LOL).  But I have to admit, the kids are I have become VERY attached to BOTH babies.  We knew we had to keep the babies with their mother for 2-3 weeks.....they are now 3 weeks old and DH is really pushing us to find a home for at least one baby, or both.

DD#2 and I have talked abut the babies A LOT and she is really attached to one of the babies in particular.  She is the owner of our male piggy already....and wants to keep the one female (and we would leave the other female in the cage with her mother).  She has the money to buy a cage herself and can certainly take care of it.  We moved into a new apartment last week and she already left a space for a new cage in her room.

This morning, DH was pushing me again about finding homes for the baby/babies.  And I could tell by the sound of his voice that he knows there is a plot out there to keep both.  We will NOT get the new cage and do anything to keep the baby if he flat-out says no (that is not how we do things in this family)...but I can tell it is going to be an uphill-battle getting him to agree that we can keep both.

Wish us luck!

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
thriftymom35
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Ha ha I agree......I never go against what the hubs wants in regards to pets but its hard when your baby wants something like that.......good luck and keep us posted, lol!!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Good luck!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Good luck ... I hope your DH doesn't break your DD's heart and lets her keep the baby guinea pig. 

Pukalani79
by Kris on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Good luck! I hope it works out so that your husband says yes to the baby!

nurse1997
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM

We just went thru thisabout 2 weeks ago my son worked on his dad for his own kitten I could of cared less one way or another but now I have this little thing hanging on my stuff every where !!! 

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Mine would just tell me do whatever you want, just know its your responsibility and I'm not taking care of it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)