Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you have a garden

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 28 Replies
We just planted our first one this year. We have a few tomatos and we have 4 pumpkins.
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gmp2
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
No, I have been eyeing a spot in my yard though.
soymujer
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I didn't get one in this year due to oldest graduating.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

4 zuchini's, 4 cucumber and 8 tomatoes.

DH is cutting new beds for next year.

Herbs

Persimmon Tree

We also have a Raspberry bush, Blackberry bush, 2 cherry trees and a pomegranate tree.

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, in the back I have a raised bed vegetable garden with bush beans, beets, zucchini, yellow summer squash, butter lettuces and cucumbers; and 2 blueberry bushes plus some peppers and a pineapple sage plant in the flowerbed and tons of mint along the back fence.  I have tomatoes in my front flower box.  Plus, I have strawberries out front by the gate that have just started producing this year and basil in planters.  :)  I also have tons of flowers, more than I could possibly name.  The ones I love the most are my hydrangeas, the peonies along the fence, the big white irises and the pink and grape hyacinths in the spring.  I am working on a fairy garden for under my big dogwood out back, although I am concerned that it might have some sort of blight.  :(  I want to put my little rosemary bush, that is in a pot right now, out in the front strip by my mailbox and add in some lavendar, possibly in a pot because it tends to grow abundantly, however not sure about that yet.

Saurusmom8
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM
At this point in my life I don't. But, I have been drawing out grids and planning for when I do! Because I will someday. I LOVE gardens and flowers. I have 3 gardens drawn out and planned and have been researching for 2 yrs and planning according to zone. I even have collected recipes that will allow me goods to can and freeze and plan my vegetables from that. :)

I look forward to the day I can have one. I love herbs so I want a window herb garden.

This year my wildflowers were destroyed.. I kind of got discouraged and let it go.

Someday....
Saurusmom8
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Many of the women in my family have gardens.. but unfortunately they weren't the type to share their knowledge or skills.. so I am mostly self taught.

I want to have this to hand down to my kids someday.

I am a bit salty about the selfish nature of the women I knew.. no lie.. had to get it off my chest. Haha!
ShellLea
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. Vegetable and herb gardens. Plus chickens. Just added the chickens this year. They really help with the compost.

SommelierMom
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Yep. Besides a bunch of flowers, I have:

Chives
Parsley
Three types of basil
Beets
Peas
Red leaf lettuce
Pickling cukes
Zucchini
Pole green beans
7 types of tomatoes

I'll post a pic later. It's (finally) raining here.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

SO has the green thumb so he does the garden, but I do have input on what we grow :)  We have an array of large tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, yellow, orange and green peppers, jalapenos, cucumbers, chives, basil and cilantro.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Flowers yes. No veggie garden this year. It was to wet to get the ground ready this year. I am thinking about doing raised beds next summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)