Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE MIRROR ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU SEE

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 41 Replies
I feel like we as women always try to look like somebody else and are never happy with what GOD gave us. it might not be the abvious thing like a booty even small like finger or nose anything
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShellLea
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Usually. Once in a while I have a bad day but for the most part I'm happy with myself.

MomTiara19
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I try to avoid mirrors from my chest down...lol..

My belly,rear,and thighs...oh my:)

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:45 AM
This

Quoting ShellLea:

Usually. Once in a while I have a bad day but for the most part I'm happy with myself.

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM

It depends on the day and the mood I am in.  Today I am feeling okay and getting ready to workout.  Tomorrow I may feel fat and gross and bloated.  A lot of my perception comes from my childhood and trying to quelch those feelings of not being pretty enough or thin enough...I totally feed off of compliments; so I used to try and fish for them from my dh; but now I don't bother much...it takes too much effort. Overall though, I think I am average...brown hair, green eyes, 5'6", 135 lb, etc...just very blah.

momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I'm currently struggling with food issues. And for the record I don't know who or what gave me my body but I'd like to punch them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Yeah, it does depend.

The inside feelings reflect on the outside- everytime.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

No I've never been happy with what I looked like.  But over the years I've learned to somewhat live with it.  I have no choice.  Besides we never see ourselves as others see us.  A few weeks ago we had friends over and the wife was telling me all kinds of compliments and I'm thinking "UH!? really she obviously sees something I don't see" 

valrubio
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I have always been very self confident and really love the way I look. My husband thinks I'm a bit vain,lol, but so is he. I'm happy with myself whether I'm at my ideal weight or nine months pregnant.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I have come a long way when it comes to my image. I have dealt with body image issues in the past, especially as a teen. Now I have good days and bad days but I don't obsess like I used to.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I am happy with what I was given. I am unhappy with myself for gaining more weight than I would like
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)