Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

do you eat healthier than you used to?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 21 Replies
Once I hit about 35 my energy was dragging (and the baby weight stopped coming off) so we got on a health kick.......anyone else eat healthier than they used to? What is your biggest challenge with eating healthy (besides the cost of groceries)
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Knowledge. 

We do eat healthier now than we used to. We are adding more fish and vegetables to our diets as well as grains and whole wheat. We've started substituing pasta for vegetable pasta. We buy wheat bread (which none of us like...it's too spongy) and we cook a vegetable every night. We also pay more attention to sodium and things like that. We still have a ways to go but we are on the right track. 

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I eat like I use to. Yes I don't eat like I did when I was in my teens but I have been a healthy eater. I am not perfect and have my days. But my energy has not changed. Yes my weight did after I had kids. Even when I was doing everything they say you should. I still couldn't hardly take off the weight. It was the same as if I enjoyed my food and eat right but also had treats from time to time.

saraewhite
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I go round and round with this, one week it's super healthy the next week is not. Depends on the week I guess. But I do say we do eat better than what we used to.

momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I used to be a vegetarian and ate very healthy. Not so much anymore but I do try and watch what I eat. I have food issues though.

letstalk747
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM

sometimes

hockey21
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM

about the same....

TigerMomLove
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Ohh yes I eat so much healthier. Makes a difference on so many levels....

storkradio193
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I have gone it and out of healthier eating depending on the year.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

azn_ladie82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I'm eating healthier- trying to lose all the extra weight and get my sexy back. Other than the cost of groceries, I would have to say..coming up with new recipes that the family would like. My family isn't very picky so that helps.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Much healthier. The hardest thing for me is remembering. The way I eat now requires a whole new thought process.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)