Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

tubal ligation

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 40 Replies
If any ladies have had it done, how is the recovery? Im debating on having that or essure done & im not sure what is best.
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraewhite
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I had my done in October of 2009. They say it can take up to a week but I found that by the third day I was pretty much up for anything. The first and second day I was very sore.

TimetoMomUp
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure.  i had it done during a csection.

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Vasectomy...best birth control ever and no recovery time at all...for us.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Haven't had it done but I have been researching essure.

kristine8333
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Thanks ladies.
soymujer
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I got mine done the day after my youngest was born in 2005.  I was more sore from having the surgery than I was from having the baby.   It was about a couple of weeks when I got to feeling better.

mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Had mine done a week and a half ago.  small cut under/in the belly button.  I am still a smidge sore if I twist the wrong way but overall, recovery was a breeze.  Barely needed an Advil even.  However, I am having hot flashes like a mofo.

NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I had mine done the day after my son was born. They went through my belly button. I didn't notice any pain.
Lorena
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I got mine done the day after my dd was born. That was done in 2002. The only problems I had was the fact that I am very sensitive to medications and they gave me to much stuff to numb me. Then gave me Tylenol 3 for pain and I was out for 2 days. But it only took a few days to heal. It was a small incision in my belly button and a small dot for the camera.
kristine8333
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I wonder why the hot flashes?

Quoting mhaney03:

Had mine done a week and a half ago.  small cut under/in the belly button.  I am still a smidge sore if I twist the wrong way but overall, recovery was a breeze.  Barely needed an Advil even.  However, I am having hot flashes like a mofo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)