Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Had a uterine biobsy yesterday,

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
Man did that hurt. They should have given me a pain killer or numbed me or something, cause it was like 4 minutes of excrutiating pain. Getting your teeth pulled is a quick procedure too but they thouroughly numb you first WTH.

Thankfully it is not as painful now but I felt really crampy yesterday like a super bad period, and today I feel the same except I wasn't told it would hurt so bad so here I am on my feet at a kids party for my 4 year olds friend.

I feel like I was soooo ill informed about this procedure. It was done in the office but it is no joke.
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natural_s
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Ouch!! I would be pretty mad to if they did not warn me about the side effects of the procedure.

I hope you feel better soon and hope you get great results.

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I have things written in all my medical files about NEEDING to be sedated or else lol

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I've had one. It definitely reminded me of the worst period cramps for sure. My doc gave me enough warning of how it would feel but it was a bit more cramps than painful. Ibuprofen and heating pad helped ease the pain. Why did you have one?
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I had one as well... he warned me it would hurt. But holy hell that hurt more than expected. At least it was over pretty quick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morning_glories
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM
My periods were lasting about 2 weeks or more, and they were very painful so before I can get an endometrial ablation (basically no more periods w/o having a hysterectomy) I have to be checked to make sure there isn't any major concerns for my irregular periods.

Quoting grneyedormom:

I've had one. It definitely reminded me of the worst period cramps for sure. My doc gave me enough warning of how it would feel but it was a bit more cramps than painful. Ibuprofen and heating pad helped ease the pain. Why did you have one?
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM

My cycles were lasting about 3 weeks, were super heavy and very irregular. So my doc, before I chose to have a hysterectomy, wanted to do biopsy to make sure nothing was getting missed. I wanted a permanent fix and the ablation is not permanent, your cycle can return in 2-5 years. Thank goodness she did the biopsy because she found pre-cancerous cells in my uterus and I had a 30% chance of gettig uterine cancer. So the hysterectomy was the right choice. :)

Quoting morning_glories:

My periods were lasting about 2 weeks or more, and they were very painful so before I can get an endometrial ablation (basically no more periods w/o having a hysterectomy) I have to be checked to make sure there isn't any major concerns for my irregular periods.

Quoting grneyedormom:

morning_glories
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Jeeze, that's awful. :( I hope that all my stuff is good. I really don't want to have a hysterectomy though. I would like to keep my lady parts we have been through so much together. I am 34. How old were you? because I was told his would be permanent. Maybe it is because at my age my stuff down there starting to die any way, lol.

Quoting grneyedormom:

My cycles were lasting about 3 weeks, were super heavy and very irregular. So my doc, before I chose to have a hysterectomy, wanted to do biopsy to make sure nothing was getting missed. I wanted a permanent fix and the ablation is not permanent, your cycle can return in 2-5 years. Thank goodness she did the biopsy because she found pre-cancerous cells in my uterus and I had a 30% chance of gettig uterine cancer. So the hysterectomy was the right choice. :)

Quoting morning_glories:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. I was in the colposcopy clinic for 2 years and had one every 3-6 m
Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. I was in the colposcopy clinic for 2 years and had one every 3-6 months until they decided to do the LEEP procrdure. Good luck.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 35 and my ovaries are still intact so I didn't go through menopause. That will happen naturally now. At the time of my procedure ablation was reportedly not a permanent procedure though things may have changed in the last 2 years. I wanted true permanency from my issues and then when I got the results from the biopsy a hysterectomy was the only option. Life has been amazing ever since!

Quoting morning_glories:

Jeeze, that's awful. :( I hope that all my stuff is good. I really don't want to have a hysterectomy though. I would like to keep my lady parts we have been through so much together. I am 34. How old were you? because I was told his would be permanent. Maybe it is because at my age my stuff down there starting to die any way, lol.

Quoting grneyedormom:

Quoting morning_glories:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)