Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other women have a hard time....

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 22 Replies

with having the lack of will power to work out? I find it so difficult to work out, even going for a walk.

I work during the evenings and dh works during the day. I love to walk but my kids can't keep up with my pace. My ds will be in second gradethis year and my daughter will be in 4k which means I will have four days a week to which I can go out and walk by myself or the dog.

But even when I have time I really don't want to. I know part of it is that I hate to workout by myself and I get boredso easily. I have tried to find workout partners but they never last long.

I am not overweight per say (I am 4'9 and am 117 lbs) I just have toning to do.

Just wondering if anyone else struggles with this.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paytonleximomma
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I use to be that way that I didnt want to or could not find motivation.  However I found a friend to walk with.  That helped alot.  Everyday I make a list of what I need to get done and I block out my time so I always make sure that I have time blocked out to workout.  Whether it is first thing in the morning or at night.  Before I injuried my ankle I was walking on my lunch breaks at work as well because I could easily walk 3 miles or more during that time.  I have upbeat music that I have on my phone that I listen to which is awesome because that makes me run more often.  Plus I found once I made it a routine I felt alot better and had more energy to do other things. 

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Yes it's a struggle but I think if you just make it part of your routine it gets easier. Like as soon as the kids are dropped off or picked up on the bus you go for your walk. Once it's part of your routine it won't be as big of a deal.

saraewhite
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM

That is my plan but I can't put it into effect for another month. Right now with both of them home I can't seem to do anything.

Quoting LilliesValley:

Yes it's a struggle but I think if you just make it part of your routine it gets easier. Like as soon as the kids are dropped off or picked up on the bus you go for your walk. Once it's part of your routine it won't be as big of a deal.

Mrs.C22
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I struggle with it too. Mostly because its hard for me to have a healthy lifestyle when my dh is not trying to do the same and because I get bored and need a workout buddy.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I used to be like that until I just started working out and really made it part of my routine.  I find that the best thing is to find something that you like to do and use that as a catalyst to working out.  I like dance based things and that's how I started working out again.  I do at home workouts with DD and I make her a part of my workouts.

Jenn77781
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I have a hard time as well. I have to always make it fun or it doesn't happen. With the right music I am pumped to do a workout.
Pukalani79
by Ivy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

We walk as a family.  It's a lot slower than I would probably walk, but we do push the kids to keep up at the same time.  It's hard in this heat, but we're trying to get back to it.

Sj218
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Me too! I'm a single mom of a 4th grader. He doesn't want to walk/run with me, but he's too scared to stay home alone for an hour. Between lack of motivation and not having help with my DS, I lose the will to work out pretty often. I hate it because a good work out is just as good for my mental/emotional health as it is for my body.
countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Yep. I am a SAHM that barely stays home. There is always something to do. And I don't like being hot, that's a big issue. I don't really mind getting off my ass, I just hate being hot and sweaty. 

And I do need to exercise. 

Lisa2145
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I would work out with you, I have a 7 month old that I jog in the jogging stroller. I used to run all the time before having a baby but would like a partner. Let me know if you want to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)