Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Wake up, you're ugly

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this
Here's an article. What say you?

http://www.lightlybraisedturnip.com/women-over-30-are-ugly/
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Some women don't age well but there are some that do. I think it just depends on how you treat your body, inside & out plus genetics. My mom is in her 60s but looks like she's in her 30s while my mil is in her late 50s and looks older.
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

YAY! I'm ugly! Now I don't have to be hit on by misogynistic bastards like him. 

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Well I am certainly glad that I'm over 30 so men will stop looking at me once and for all.  Also I suppose I should fall at my husband's feet tonight and thank him for not leaving me when I turned 31 this year.  The internet really turns people into asshats.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
What a shallow human being. My value goes way beyond my face.
findingserenity
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM
oh wow...
ReeseStrickland
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My response was, "thanks for pointing out that I now look like a sophisticated, educated, mother of 3, rather than a sexy college girl gone wild."

nancyschmancey
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I have no problem with that article.  Yep, human beings become generally less attractive as they get older, and this happens faster to women than men.  Not because society says so (though we are held to a ridiculous standard) but because men generally just stay "firmer" longer.  

I'm less attractive now than I was 8 years ago.  Good thing I have far more value than my looks.  I don't think we should be upset over this: if we really believe that beauty shouldn't have such a high value in society, then it's not insulting to be told that we're losing ours.  I'm losing my ability to run a sub-6-minute mile as well.  So be it.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I wasn't very attractive to begin with. Now that I'm taking better care of myself I find myself more attractive than ever. And I'd like to know how old the author of that article is anyway. Either way he'll end up with a woman over 30 someday unless he keeps switching women once they hit 29. What a douche. 

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM

How ironic that the author of the article did not bother to post a picture of himself.

It sounds like he got turned down by a lot of women over 30 he was tryin to holla at and is bitter.

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Well, my husband would disagree with him.  It is men like him that make me appreicate how lucky I have to have my wonderful husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN