Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I still feel like I need to watch my kids in the tub, is that normal?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
They are 8 & 5........I won't leave the room while they are in there.......
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soymujer
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I keep an eye on my 7, almost 8, because he likes to get water everywhere.  Other than that, he doesn't need supervision.

family in the van   Mom of four

rainbowM0Mof2
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I would say by this time, they need a bit more privacy.  As long as they have not given you any reason to fear them hurting themselves, they should be trusted to bathe on their own.  Maybe just let them know to yell for you when they are done, so you won't be concerned about them slipping when getting out?

mistressflora
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM

my 9 year old takes a shower so no i dont, but i think if he was in the tub i wouldnt either! i can see 5 year old being watched, theres always that chance and im def over protective..i dont think its not normal

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Eight is old enough, five is iffy, depends on the kid. At 5 we taught dd to shower on her own but we check in on her and that sort of thing. Honestly she's not big on privacy so she usually leaves the bathroom door open and we can hear what's going on. If she takes a bath then I keep the bathroom door open and check on her every few minutes though.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Not reasonable.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM

My kids are 6 and 10 and they bathe alone. We still wash our 6 year old's hair because it's long but other than that she does it all alone. 

jgreenwell
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I still supervise my 4 and 5 year olds, but I leave to go get pjs or grab more soap, etc.. I think they are old enough to be alone for a bit, but still young enough to stay alert and attentive.

Can I pray for you? Message me with any specifics you care to share!

thriftymom35
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My bathroom is where they bathe and I watch TV but I leave the door to bathroom open so I can hear and see them.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Quoting rainbowM0Mof2:

I would say by this time, they need a bit more privacy.  As long as they have not given you any reason to fear them hurting themselves, they should be trusted to bathe on their own.  Maybe just let them know to yell for you when they are done, so you won't be concerned about them slipping when getting out?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Mine are almost 8 and 5 next weekend. I do not supervise them anymore...haven't for a long time. They both shower these days. Even when they are in the tub, I don't worry...they both swim excellently so I'm not too concerned about a bath tub. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)