Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you happy with what you have accomplished now that you are in your 30s??

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you accomplished all that you hoped you would by this age?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
energygirl
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Very happy actually :)  I have a wonderful marriage to God's best for me, 3 kids that I adore.....and a nice (small) place in the country.  It would be nice to have more money (everyone probably feels that way) but with sticking to a budget there is not a lot of stress about it.  We do well to stretch what we have :)  I am  happy to be a SAHM....and to be able to homeschool our kids (not for everyone but we enjoy it).  After college I spent 5 years with "fun" jobs (teaching outdoor ed, camping backpacking guide, then working with innercity youth) and although I enjoyed the freedom in those days...I really appreciate all the responsibilities I have been given as a wife and a mom.  I thought I would miss working....but really I don't.  It is rewarding being with my kids, and I volunteer/teach a class each week on budgeting and grocery shopping etc. at a nearby women's drug rehab center....so I feel like I get a little time each week to hang out with adults and talk about life in a different way than I do with my young kids. By the world's standards I might not be successful (high paying career etc.) but I truly do feel happy and satisfied with where I am at.  (sorry to ramble :)  The paths my life has taken have definitley been different from what I imagined when I was a high school senior though....

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Yep. I'm married to my high school sweetheart, have five awesome kids I'm fortunate to stay home with and homeschool and I'm so very blessed. God has been good to me. :)
ShellLea
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I have accomplished many things, none of them being the things I planned when I was young. I think I'm more satisfied with this life than I would have been with the one I planned.

jgreenwell
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I am not where I planned to be or doing what I thought I would be doing, but are any of us?! I am happy with how things have rolled out and what I have learned, and I am looking foward to what will happen in my 40s and 50s because of the actions taken today. I don't think I would go back to my 20yearold self if I had the choice; she had a lot more fun, but I have a lot more wisdom (and I like wisdom better).

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM

No my life is the complete opposite of what I expected when I was younger. I never thought I would be married and have kids and well....be so domesticated. Turns out that motherhood suits me and I like what I have now, even if it wasn't what I originally wanted.

zinniadaisy
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I never really had goals to accomplish and my life isn't what I thought it was going to be when I was 20, but I'm VERY happy where I am in life!

Snakecharm
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Yep! The only thing left to do is go back to college. I have a masters degree but if I get 30 more credits ill get a pay raise. I've been putting it off because I just don't want to write any more research papers. Lol.
Snakecharm
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Oh! One more thing I want to do is a trip to Europe. Still haven't done that.
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM

hmm, I'm 38, and at 29, I wasn't married, but I had just bought a home that we thought would be our starter, we're still in it, but we can still VERY easily afford it, so we're not totally house-poor. I'm married now, we have a beautiful daughter altho I wanted two originally, this one is giving us a run for our money, so I think we're done. I was coming to the end of a job I knew was ending (layoff, given a good 9 months notice) and pondering various job offers, none of which ended up working out, then 6 months later, finding the job I'm still at today, 7 years later. Yeah, I'd say I'm happy with what I've accomplished even if it's not quite what I expected to accomplish. Life is good!

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Yes and no. Family and social life are great. And I'm so happy we just bought a house- a major grown-up/responsible moment.

I wish I was a little further ahead career wise.... but its because I'm lucky enough to be a sahm (off and on during the last 5 yrs). Which was my choice and wouldn't change it. So I'll just concentrate on career in my next decade!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)