Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are you happy with what you have accomplished now that you are in your 30s??

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you accomplished all that you hoped you would by this age?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (21-29):
almburr
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
In a way yes. My career changed from what I majored in. But in a few years I will go back to the career I chose before having a family. Now in my 30's I'm trying new things. I have a great family and that's a wonderful accomplishment!
fivegirls333
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM

i just know that not too long ago i thought 30 was OLD.  i was surprised how fast time went.  my life has certainly been blessed.  i just pictured a fairy tale!  i am extremely content...but i think no matter what you have, this is a choice.  accepting that i would not live in beverly hills with brad...really helped me to enjoy what i have...and be thankful i am not in beverly hills with brad...smile.  if you live in this country and complain?  you certainly have not traveled abroad.  it is a truly humbling experience.

NLBrown
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I didn't really think I'd live to see 30, but now at 36 I've done things and gotten to a place mentally and spiritually that I didn't think possible. And it's just the beginning.
littleangie
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Getting there.
Pickle521
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Not where I "planned" to be but happy with where I am, for the most part.  I chose to finish grad school and college first, and got married after grad school.  After working in my field for 6-1/2 years I recently decided to be a SAHM to my toddler and we're trying for baby #2.  I would have never expected that I'd want to be and enjoy being  a stay at home parent (it's still an adjustment but going well!).  I wanted kids earlier but the timing wasn't right so we waited.  I also would have expected to have a house by now, but again, it wasn't the right time and we're being financially smart and saving for a down payment, so I can't complain. 
Besides, younger me didn't know how life works - not a good concept of how much there is to do, how much time and money it takes to do it, etc.  Life experience can work wonders :)

Diane1223
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I sometimes regret not going to law school
allmy3girls
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM

very much so....I married my husband and I have 3 fantastic daughters...I couldnt be happier   every day  is a blessing

Mazou80
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I could ask for no more honestly..I am nearly 33 very highly educated, with a good job, even better marriage and a baby daughter that entered our lives after three years of trying. My mother ( who I truly adore) is well in health as well as the people that mean alot to me..So yes this decade of my life finds me more complete than ever.. I hope this tranquility lasts long cause we all now how life is full of ups and downs and nasty turns.
lauraash06
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Well I just started my 30s a couple weeks ago. But I cash without doubt say I'm glad my twenties are over and I hope the next decade is much better than the last one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN