Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you ever vacation without your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you ever vacation without your kids?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Replies (21-25):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:43 PM

We used to go every weekend for Memorial Day weekend to MIL's cousin's house just DH, MIL and myself. It's about 2 hours away. He had a pool, pool house with a pool table and a fully stocked bar. Plus he would cook the most awesome food for us. We didn't go this year and we probably won't go back. He got a girlfriend and her and MIL don't get along:(

I don't have a problem going on vacation without my kids as long as I'm only about 4 hours away. That's just a personal safety thing for me. And we only went on our first family vacation last year...we'd never taken one before so it's not like we've had so many opportunities to go without them. And the vacations DH and I want to go on are usually fun so we feel guilty doing fun things without the kids..lol. 

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM

we went to Vegas for a long weekend w/o them and that is something we plan on doing once a year or so..

Sarah993
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Last month I went on a girls trip to the Bahamas for a week with my best friend. We decided that it should happen again :) DH and I have never been on vacation without the kids but will be going out of town for a weekend with out them in October. We are excited but nervous at the same time.

Other than those times we do everything as a family. Seems weird when the kids aren't with us.
Mom2jngnc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM

My DH and I have taken a couple of weekends.... 

marythemommy
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

We'll be going on a weekend getaway next month and vacation at the end of October. My parents will be watching her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)