Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Dating-I think I'm being paranoid....

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 23 Replies
Hi all!! New here....and I need some ladies advice. Ok here it goes...

I've been casually dating this guy for about 2 months now. We hangout every weekend. We both have kids and work during the week so weekend is obviously convienant. Anyways we had plans tonight to go to a movie and he had to cancel. Now he has never cancelled before never have me the feeling he was lying or being shady so why I do I feel like he's lying? He says he has no babysitter for his kids tonight which is clearly a logical reason to cancel but my gut is telling me there's something else. I've kinda felt the past couple days he's been a little distant. We've talked every day for 2 months..I was even out of town for 3 weeks and we talked every day. I've grown to really like him. I'm pretty sure he's just been busy at work the past couple of days and I think my over thinking has made me paranoid and believe there's something else going on when there isn't? Now I've been cheated on and lied to and stood up in the past before by guys so I'm thinking I just might be letting old feelings arise and jump to conclusions. Like I said he seems to be a legit decent guy who likes me...so what the hell is wrong with me? This feeling is driving me nuts. Any advice is much appreciated!
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catevincesmom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Just relax for now.  If this is the only time, he's probably legit.  If it continues, then I'd have a talk w/ him, find out what's going on. 

amonkeymom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Try not to worry about it too much. 

Maybe try asking if he wants to do something fun as friends with kids instead of a date with just the two of you this weekend.

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Quoting catevincesmom:

Just relax for now.  If this is the only time, he's probably legit.  If it continues, then I'd have a talk w/ him, find out what's going on. 

Rydermomma2009
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies! This made me feel better. We made plans for nxt weekend if it happens again ill say something
anotherandree
by Inga on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I completely agree with this.  Once does not make a pattern.

Quoting catevincesmom:

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

your past affects your way of thinking - i've been cheated on as well by my first husband and once before by a boyfriend before that and trust is a huge issue now.  Even though I'm married again.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Trust your gut.  Dont text or call him.  If he doesnt text or call you then.......he's just not that into you.  

Rydermomma2009
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
You're right my past is interfering. As soon as I got that txt my first thought was he's lying he's dating someone else. It's super annoying to automatically think the worst but I can't help it. I need to learn to re-train my brain. He could of just stood me up I guess it is a plus he actually said something. I haven't met his kids yet and he hasn't meant mine...I jumped into a relationship with a guy did the whole kid meeting thing and it didn't work out..I'm taking things slow with this one no meeting the kids until I'm positive he's someone that's going to be around and have a permanent place in my life...shoot I haven't even slept with him yet lol.
Rydermomma2009
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM
That's what I was thinking too...see if he makes the effort I'm going to just back off a little. Thanks for your advice! :)
esox
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Just let it slide for now. Or as someone else suggested, ask if he wants to do something with the all the kids even if its something simple like meeting up at a park for a little while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN