Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Help please my one year old climbs out of the crib

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 18 Replies
Two days ago my one year old started claiming out of her crib . Ughhhh please does anyone have ideas on what I should do ?
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Get her out of a crib and into a toddler bed with a side rail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlm425
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Already? Is the mattress on its lowest setting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jen4boys06
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

my 18 month old just did this Tuesday! Thank God I realized his crib went down one more notch.  Now he can't get out anymore.  Is her mattress as low as it goes?  How many months is she? 

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy a bed and have her start sleeping in that instead of a crib?  When my children turned a year old they all went to a real bed.  If you're worried about her rolling out of bed then you can buy beds with rails or buy rails that attach to the bed.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Switch her to a toddler bed?  are there animals or pillows that she is using to climb out of the crib?  Can you move the mattress down to a lower leverl?

CASAHM209
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My son also climbed out of his crib early & got stuck between the crib & the wall. I converted his crib to a toddler bed but that didn't work for his age because he would climb out & couldn't get back in easily. I did some googling and discovered Montessori toddler rooms and that is what we use. A mattress on the floor, everything in the room is child-proofed and either at his level(books, toys, etc.) or way out of reach(wall decorations, framed art, etc.). We recently switched him to a twin mattress & box spring(no frame yet) and we keep a few pillows & a comforter on the floor in case he rolls off or wants to sleep on the floor.
sem1234
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this
When my ds was 15 months he jumped out of his crib all the time and nothing happened. Then......one night he jumped out and seriously bit a hole through his tongue! It was horrible! He went straight to a toddler bed after that.
morning_glories
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Time for a big kid bed! Or at least a toddler bed.
Vilma1979
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:48 AM
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is we're my one year old fell asleep last night lol in the tent we bought my 5 year old for her bday we set it up in the living room . Thank u every one for the advice u guys are wonderful. And we went out and got her that big girl bed
babygirl7161
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:32 AM
My daughter started climbing out at and 15/16 months and we converted her crib to a toddler bed too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN