Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

walk away

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 17 Replies
Do you ever just want to walk away and if so what do you?
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jgreenwell
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Walk away from what? Parenting? Life? Marriage?

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Yeah, it depends what sort of situation you're talking about OP.

myprettypoly
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I get the "run... run far, run fast, just run!" Feeling once in a while... I think its natural but its also a time where you need to sit yourself down and take mental stock of everything. Unfortunately running from what ever is stressing you doesn't make it go away. If you don't address your feelings head on and determine why you feel that way you could run 3000 miles just to find temporary peace until u find yourself in another rutt and the run away feeling consumes you again.
Ask yourself:
1. Why do I feel this way?
2. What can I do to change the here and now?
3. What negative thoughts are clouding my judgement?
4. & finally what conscious changes can I make in my attitude, behavior, actions, way of thinking to make a brighter tomorrow?

I used to be the most pessimistic person... but now (even in horrible circumstances well beyond my control) I choose to believe that there's something better ahead... try looking for the good in every situation and you will be amazed at how much clearer and brighter the world can be.
Not saying you won't find yourself in a nasty rut again... but now that you're aware of your thoughts and how damaging they can be to you're life you can stop them and consciously make an improvement.

Hope this helps
KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Ummm...no.
CASAHM209
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:14 AM
I feel that way frequently but it's unrealistic & more nostalgia for the days before kids when I could. For me, I think a lot of it is seeing people traveling and doing cool stuff that I woulda-shoulda-coulda done in my 20's when I was thin & financially free. It fuels my daydreams now and that's enough. In all honesty I'd rather change poopy diapers and bathe the kids for the third time today than run away. My life's not perfect but my kids soothe my soul and that's enough. Ok, now I want to go wake them up to cuddle <3
Mheaton81
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't ever want to run away from being a mom. I do need time outs though. Like when I am not feeling well or am super tired, sometimes I need 10 minutes away from my strong willed kids to just breathe. It's a little overwhelming at times. So I just lay down for a few minutes with the door shut, no technology, no distractions, just peace. I do want to run away from my husband though a lot. He is just as stubborn as me and its tough at times.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:25 AM

When I struggled with depression years ago,yes,I wanted to walk away daily.But my life is wonderful and I'm blessed by a loving family.I could never leave them They are who I am.

morning_glories
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I can understand why some women do but I never could, nor would I want to I love my kids way toomuch to do something like that. I brought them into this world and I am happy to finish the job.

Have you thought about what is making you feel this way. Running away is probably not the answer.
thriftymom35
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I've had it a couple of times but I could never actually do it. It passed......and for the most part I'm happy.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM

There are definitely times when I just need a break. I make sure fit me time into the schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN