Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I wish he'd choke!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 7 Replies
I had to spend 3-1/2 hours in the ER tonight.
My mom made a mistake and forgot to replace the babygate after letting the dogs back in and dd (13mo) tumbled down the stairs to their basement.
She's fine needed stitches in her lip but no head injury thank God.
Moms husband is being an ass. Had the nerve to scold her (and me) while in the ER. telling us how we should've been watching her better and it never should have happened. Between letting the dogs in and the accident was literally less than a 2 min timespan during which we were also trying to prepare dinner.
He can piss off. An accident happened. He didn't need to make her feel worse and he doesn't have ANY right to scold ANYONE!
I nearly asked him to leave but decided not to cause a scene. I'm exhausted. I'm glad DD will be okay. But it will be a long time before I come back here... I'm too pissed at him.
It isn't like mom is used to having a baby around all the time. And she made a mistake... why do miserable POS' s have to continue living while good wholesome people die young?
Sorry for the book.
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
myprettypoly
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Oh and while in the same breath of flipping scolding us he has the nerve to yell at me that he will NOT INSTALL A TOP OF THE STAIRS BABYGATE that I had for them because he wasn't going to drill into his precious wall... but has no problem with just propping a gate up against the wall and blocking it in... essentially providing another means for another accident. Because its too much of a hassle for him to take it down and replace it "as needed" when he wants to go downstairs or out to the garage.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs~ I'm glad your dd is okay.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely. And I'd be upset with him too.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Hugs~ I'm glad your dd is okay.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh...I'm glad your dd is okay.  I wouldn't be going back there any time soon!

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd have mom come to my house from now on and hopefully she'd leave him at home. So glad your dd's ok.
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad your DD is okay, but I hope you don't let it interfer in your relationship with your Mom. Even though you don't blame her, he'd pry make her feel that way.

myprettypoly
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I have no intention of letting this drive a wedge between my mom and I but I will be making it very clear... either fix his laziness issue or install a permanent gate. If not we will not be visiting there.

Quoting AllofFive19:

I'm glad your DD is okay, but I hope you don't let it interfer in your relationship with your Mom. Even though you don't blame her, he'd pry make her feel that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)