Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

fibromyalgia.....anyone else

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

I havn't been to the Dr yet, I am going on Wednesday the 31st...hopefully the dr can figure out whats going on with me. I was just wondering if any of you mommas have this, and if so what are your symptoms,and how did you get tested for it....Im so tired of being in pain all the time and people just looking at me like Im faking it :-(

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcghee05
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM

bump

lacyd75
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Sorry I don't have it. But my grandmother and one of my closest friends has it. It took my friend some time to find what worked for her. I think it was lyrica or something that worked. But I'm not totally sure on that. Good luck with that. From what I hear it can be terrible. And my friend would say the same thing that people would think she was faking it when she wasn't. That really sucks. I hope you find something that works for you.

mcghee05
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM

thank you.... yeah I hope my dr appt on wednesday goes well, im tired of being in pain all the time and drs and people looking at me like im faking :(

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I don't have it but I suspect that I might. I have been dealing with health issues related for active EBV for almost 5 years and was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in April 2012. I know what it's like to have people think you are faking it or in my case "lazy" because there are days that I just can not function due to the exhaustion and other symptoms that occur. I was having extreme muscle and joint pain a couple of months ago and would have bet money that I had fibromyalgia but my thyroid was very under active and I was put on medication for it. Some of the symptoms have somewhat subsided but I still plan to make an appointment with a rheumatologist, just to have a fresh set of eyes to look at my medical file.

Good luck at your appt and I hope they find out what is going on.

mcghee05
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Thank you and same to you...All I know is I'm so tired of being in pain between my joints and muscles to migraines to being tired all the time :-(
CaliSun81
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and sensory processing disorder. I guess they all co-exist to some extent. I was diagnosed with fibro when I was 28, just a few months after my daughter was born. I was always suffering from exhaustion so we believe the chronic fatigue started first. I get emotional a lot because of the pain, stiffness and fatigue and I was said to have depression, anxiety, PTSD, bi-polar, etc. I was put on medications for all of this and guess what... NONE of it worked! Gee, I wonder why. They weren't treating the problem. I was on Cymbalata for the fibro but it didn't do any good. If anything I had more pain which I thought was odd. I am currently being weaned off Klonopin for anxiety because I have been learning to manage my symtpoms and fatigue and therefore don't end up with flaring anxiety do to an increase in pain and fatigue and feeling overwhelmed and overloaded. I also get headaches frequently and many of them reach migraine capacity where I feel sick to my stomach and even dizzy at times. My mother in law also has fibro and chronic fatigue, but for her the fibro started first. We both read a book called Fatigue to Fantastic by Dr. Jacob Titelbaum. Not sure I spelled his last name right, but I followed some of his advice and many of the supplements I still take and have been taking for a few years. They help greatly and without them I notice a HUGE difference in pain and fatigue levels. I just orded another book he put out this year and can't wait to read it called The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution: The Essential Guide to Overcoming Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia, Made Easy!   It is not easy being a mom when you have good health, let alone when you fibro or another illness on top of motherhood. I have 4 almost 5 year old daugther and it is hard keeping up with her and playing with her (and two dogs) on days when pain, fatigue and stiffness keep on the couch. And to think, my husband wants another child!! Not ready for that just yet! I hope some of this helps. Here to chat if you need someone.

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Yes, I was diagnosed in '94 but I was really just hypothyroid.  I was finally correctly diagnosed in 2002 or 2003 when the TSH range was narrowed temporiarly from .5-5.0 to .3-3.0.   Please check out http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com.

ZakkarysMom
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I have fibromyalgia. Was diagnosed at 23.
Pnukey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I don't have it, but I know several people who do. GL. I hope your doctor can help you.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I;ve had chronic myofacsial syndrome which is similar. Mine was induced after a car accident. They wanted to diagnose Fibro. But I point out the differences. Didn't want to be on meds.

Gentle exercise will be your friend. Look into pilates.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)