Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Travel pics - Tel Dan, Nimrod's Fortress, Golan Heights and Kineret (Sea of Galilee)

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 0 Replies

I never had a chance to post these pictures from ur day-trip this past Thurs.....enjoy!

This is the "Wading Pool" at Tel Dan - the one area in the park were you can go into the water.  Tel Dan is where springs come up out if the ground and form the beginning of the Jordan Ruver...in the very northern part of Israel.  We had been here several times before so I hardly took any pictures (none of the river at all).  Oh...and this water was ICE COLD!!  I went wading because it was about 100* but couldn't be in long because it was too cold....our kids went in twice for about 20 minutes each time.

A little crab-friend we met along the paths in Tel Dan.

When you visit Nimrod's Fortress - THIS is how you park!  Yes, the lot takes you right to the edge of a cliff!

View through one of the Fortress windows (sorry it is sideways).

Nimrod's Fortress and a view North.

Another area in the Fortress.

View facing South-East of the Golan Heights.

Sign along the highway in the Golan Heights (near the Syrian boarder).

Training exercises going on in the area that day (yes, they really were in the general-area of the signs).

We stopped in wade in the Kineret (Sea if Galilee) - which is really a large lake along the Jordan River.  The waves here are formed by the crazy winds in the area.

View across the Kineret taken from Tiveria.

Not from our trip.....but these are some grapes we harvested from the yard at our old rental house....I will miss the fruit-filled yard there.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)