Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I shouldn't tell my daughter she's pretty?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 50 Replies

My sister-in-law just "informed" me that me telling my 1 year old daughter that she's pretty is going to make her materialistic, vain, and promiscuous.

Um, eff you and the episode of Dr. Phil that your psychobabble came from.

*giggle*....I can't be the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? can I? Why do ugly women always hate on those of us who don't look like we got hit by a truck?

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmama711
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM
15 moms liked this
I was with you until you decided to insult "ugly" people. I'm the type that has been called pretty or even beautiful by some and actually told I look like I was hit by a truck by others. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Why go from her extreme and take it all the way over to your extreme?
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL!  I've told my dd she's beautiful from day one, she's now 11 almost 12 and she's not materialistic, vain or promiscuous...  She's confident and she has great self esteem.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

HippiPotPi419
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I'm not insulting anyone. Just an observation. If you were offended, I'm sorry.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Quoting Briesmom38:

LOL!  I've told my dd she's beautiful from day one, she's now 11 almost 12 and she's not materialistic, vain or promiscuous...  She's confident and she has great self esteem.

Same with my 11 year old daughter
catevincesmom
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I tell my dd she's beautiful, I tell my dh he's handsome.  I also tell 'em that everyone is beautiful in their own way.  :)

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder we are all beautiful in our own way.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I tell my daughters they are the most beautiful girls in the world but also that beauty is in the eye f the beholder.

cloughmom5
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I am glad you are not listening to your sister in law! Tell your little one she is beautiful everyday! I do to mine!! Because she is! inside and out!! Most young girls feel like they are not pretty enough, skinny enough and all that, and it has to stop! Just because you make your girl feel good about herself does not mean she is going to grow up to be a b***h!

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you. Part of our job as parents is to give our kids confidence. I always tell my girls how beautiful and smart and sweet they are. I would even if they weren't ;)
julainepw
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Of course you should tell her she is beautiful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN