Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Childcare

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 23 Replies

If you have a nanny how much do you pay them for a 40 hr week?

or if your kids are in Daycare, what does that cost?

Oh and what area do you live in?

Thanks!!

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Are you talking about a 40 hour week for them or you?  I ask because my dh works 40 hours per week and he's actually gone more like 55-60 with commute and lunch break.  If we're actually counting that then I think the daycare places around here charge $3-5 per hour per child and it ends up costing somewhere in the $165-300 range weekly per child, although sometimes you can get a sibling discount.  A certified nanny is going to start out at minimum wage which here is $8.95 per hour and go up to close to $20 per hour depending on experience and number of children.  If they are a live-in nanny and you are providing them with lodging, food etc you may be able to pay them less.  You'll also have to take into consideration healthcare, since they are an employee.  I hope that helps.  I live in OR.  Oh, and uncertified places generally cost less, but I probably wouldn't hire them to watch my kid unless they were a personal friend.  I watch my friend's kids after school for a few hours every day and they pay me $10 a day.  It's an arrangement that works for both of us, but it's definitely not all day and I don't charge her to send her kid over for playdates or whatever, it's more to restock the shelves after her ravenous horde cleans me out...lol

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM

For them. I'm thinking my work week will be 30-35 hours. 

Oh and I definitely want them to be live out. 

Quoting SallyB_LMT:

Are you talking about a 40 hour week for them or you?  I ask because my dh works 40 hours per week and he's actually gone more like 55-60 with commute and lunch break.  If we're actually counting that then I think the daycare places around here charge $3-5 per hour per child and it ends up costing somewhere in the $165-300 range weekly per child, although sometimes you can get a sibling discount.  A certified nanny is going to start out at minimum wage which here is $8.95 per hour and go up to close to $20 per hour depending on experience and number of children.  If they are a live-in nanny and you are providing them with lodging, food etc you may be able to pay them less.  You'll also have to take into consideration healthcare, since they are an employee.  I hope that helps.  I live in OR.  Oh, and uncertified places generally cost less, but I probably wouldn't hire them to watch my kid unless they were a personal friend.  I watch my friend's kids after school for a few hours every day and they pay me $10 a day.  It's an arrangement that works for both of us, but it's definitely not all day and I don't charge her to send her kid over for playdates or whatever, it's more to restock the shelves after her ravenous horde cleans me out...lol

Rbrown72707
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM

We live in MD.  I pay $140 a week daycare for a 4 year old.

anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

When my kids were in daycare, in WI, we paid $152 per wk, per child, meals included for potty trained children over 4.  Kids under 3 were $175 per wk and infants were like $196($) per wk.

KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Yesterday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Bump!
slgilliam
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I live in KS and I pay $150 a week for my 6 month old at an in home daycare

divinedimension
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:13 PM

My client has a full time live in nanny AND her kids are in daycare. She pays the nanny 3k monthly. 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Five days is $125 where I am. I'm in Colorado.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I live in PA & daycare is around 200.00 a week for one child full time.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM
DS is in school part time and at home with a parent the other. Here's a bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)