Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newly engaged but wears old engagement ring

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hi mom's

I have a question I need advice on..I asked several friends and everyone has a different answer...so a friend got recenlty engaged nice ring, she was engaged a few years back ( that guy died) but she always wore his engagement ring...now she has a new ring and wears that on her right hand.., I think she should put the old engagement ring away and wear the new one, the new fiancee has not expressed his opinion yet   what do you think??  thanks 

OK once again I will stress thanks for your comments and also just to give you a better idea, true its not my decision of what to do, true its not me,but this is a 'old time friend/like a sister I have her back etc...the prior fiance died...she was a mess,which was understandable, but although engaged she cheated on him as he neared death,now she just got newly engaged to a great guy...I myself think she cant let go of her past and feels quilty due to her cheating.. while she being my friend I think by her not wearing the current ring on the left hand she is still in the past memory how will she move on and be happy ?? I am concerned for her thats all thanks for your reply's...
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmama711
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I agree that the old ring should be put away. It's tragic that she lost her 1st fiancé but it's time to really move on.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
She definitely shouldn't be wearing the old one in my opinion. It would seem to me as she hasn't let go. And the new should most definitely be a left hand ring if its a true engagement ring. Wouldn't fly with my man.
Pukalani79
by Kris on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I think that's a discussion for your friend and her DF to have. 

DieselsMom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is NO ONES business..other than her and her now fiancee...stop being so judgey toward your friend!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I think the old ring should  be put away as well - I married a widower and his ring is put away.

chattinmom
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Or have the old ring made into a necklace.  Or sized larger and made a thumb ring or something?

NewMom2aBoy
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Why is it any of your business? Why do you (or any of the pps above) have opinions on the matter?

allmy3girls
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM
it so happens that this is a god friend of MINE....!!, I dont care what she des with either engagement ring I was just asking for opinions and BINGO....!! your SNOTTY reply comes in...WELL...I wasnt asking for your reply...further dont be so rude and obnoxious.....and if I had a past fiance to present I would wear the present fiance's ring and let the past be my past
allmy3girls
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM
its MY friend and stop being SO RUDE....!
allmy3girls
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I am not to good with sending out responses but I posted a mere question about ny friend and her old and new engagement rings..I seen a few RUDE responses...well  first off its MY FRIEND  and she is wrong to wear her old engagement ring....so the rude replys   boo-hoo,  thanks to the NICE ladies who replied nice words

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)