Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

SAHM's Does Your Husband Help With House Cleaning?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 46 Replies

Do you think your husband should still have to help with house cleaning even though you are a stay at home mom? or is it enough that he pays the rent?

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephw1110
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM

He helps pick up some times but that's about it. He does all the lawn and pool maintainance though.

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I do the majority of it but he helps me out. He takes as much pride in our home as I do so he has no problem pitching in if he sees something that needs to be done but I dont expect him to do tons.

Even if he didnt do any typical chores  I would expect him to not be a total slob.(I hear its a large problem of SAHM's that DH drops his dirty socks and underware and expects wifey picks them up) If my kids can pick up after themselves so can he LOL.

Zoe_13
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:48 PM

This summer with school out and 6 kids and one on the way it just felt like I was always cleaning up. I didn't ask him to help me because I didn't know if that was breaking some unspoken law that I should be able to handle it. When my kids clean it isn't always up to my standards.

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I only expect him to pick up after himself. Throw away his trash, dishes in the sink, laundry in the basket etc. And he does yard work. Takes out the trash. But other than that I dont expect much and do the majority of it. He has only recently started doing alil more now that I am in school 2 days a week. He did that on his own and it does help alot even if its just load the dishwasher. Every lil bit helps me alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
3 moms liked this

He doesn't pay the rent, we do.  In our marriage all money is ours. I work just as much as he does, he's just the only one gathering money from an outside source.  He realizes that what I do is just as important to our family as what he does.

He picks up after himself, takes care of the kids, and cooks (most days) when he gets home from work during the week.  He helps a ton on the weekends, and then we expect our children to help keep our house clean too.

We're in a partnership, and his job ends and he gets to come home (most of the time) at 6pm.  Therefore I deserve a break as I am "working" all day too.

I also bring in a little extra cash with my work at home deal, but it's not a ton, and is just for fun mostly anyways. 

hunnybunny2001
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM
He helps me pick up toys and fold laundry sometimes.
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM
He helps. We are both are if you see something that needs to be done, then just do it type people.

We don't keep tabs on what's his job and what's my job.
(Except for dishes and mowing. LOL. I like to do my dishes a certain way. He likes the grass cut in little strips and whatever, where I would just cut circles or lines. LOL)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Yes he does and yes he is part of the family. We all help each other out.

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Aug. 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM
He cleans more than I do.

I'm mainly the chef and laundry person...lol.
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM

he helps very little around the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)