Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

bac to school clothes

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 14 Replies

how much back to school clothes do you buy. in the sense... 4 jeans 2 hoodies.....

i always feel like i dont have enough. then i was thinking how many days do the kids have to wear a new outfit everyday?

i have twins so i always have to have equals (is the ocd?)

i cant resist a good bagainholding cloth bag

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM

We have uniforms here that don't leave us with much choice. We get 4 colors to choose for shirts and 2 colors to choose for pants or shorts. One of those being navy which I refuse to buy because I think they are ugly so my kids only get khaki shorts and pants. 

They each get 4 shirts, 3 shorts and 2 pants. It's mostly hot here but on the days it does get cold I like them to be able to wear pants two days in a row. As for the shirts I buy them one in each color (red, white, navy and black) because they are allowed to wear spirit shirts on Fridays. 

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Uniforms here.

5 shirts 5 bottoms (shorts, skirts, pants) . 2 sweaters. A pair of Nikes and a pair of Mary Jane's.

Easy Peasy!
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

None, we homeschool so I only buy my kids clothes when they grow out of the ones they own.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:57 AM

My boys needed new white uniform shirts.  My middle daughter needs a few new pairs of shorts and my youngest daughter could us 1 or 2 new skirts.  We only buy clothing when it is needed....not just because school is starting or a new season is coming.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I don't buy much when it comes to back to school clothing. I buy as my kids need things. This year they each got 5 new shirts, 1 new sweatshirt, 3 pair of jeans. I don't usually buy the jeans this early, it's still warm enough for shorts, but they were on sale and I had a coupon so I paid like $8/pair. We just bought them shoes about a month ago so they will get new ones when they grow out of these.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM
This is how I buy too although I don't homeschool!

Quoting JadeTigr7:

None, we homeschool so I only buy my kids clothes when they grow out of the ones they own.

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

One of the perks for us homeschoolin mommies!!

Quoting JadeTigr7:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM
All I usually buy before the 1st day of school is a new pair of everyday wear shoes, a pair of running shoes for PE, a couple short sleeved shirts, one hoodie, one sweater, a new pair of shorts (if the summer ones still fit), and maybe 1 pair of jeans. As the weather gets progressively cooler I add more long sleeves, boots and jeans. It doesn't make sense to me to buy a while wardrobe of cool weather clothes when it will be a few months before they are really needed. We're moving back to a state where you can usually wear shorts until November.

I always got to start school each year in a brand new outfit, head to toe. It made me feel good, it was kind of special. I like to do the same for my own daughter.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I buy my boys shoes before the start of every school year.

playing soccer

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
DS outgrows shirts a lot faster than shorts/pants but this year I had to pretty much buy everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN