Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Essure

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone had this procedure done? I have been doing some research and I have been hearing some negative things. The doctor said it is not true though. Can some of you tell me your experience with this procedure, if you are happy with the results, and did you have any bad side effects? Thanks

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momofjnlj
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I had the procedure done in January this year, about two or three weeks after having my son (I had pneumonia the day after delivery, otherwise it would been done the next day). It was: 1.) an outpatient procedure done at the hospital 2.) painless 3.) final - no more babies. You have to have someone drive you from the hospital....most hospitals require the person to be there before they start the procedure. They give knock you out. No recovery time required. I was a little sleepy the day of, but back to normal the next day. NO SIDE EFFECTS NO REGRETS!

BEWARE: This is a final decision. Think long and hard before doing. I hope this helps.

jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I have not had it, but I have a friend who did this after her last baby in 2010.  Her's didn't work.  The coils didn't stay in.  And she won't do it again after doing more research on it herself.  Her DH just got snipped.

brandim3
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Thanks ladies. I am a single mom and am pregnant with my 3rd. My 2 children are 10 and 13 and I had not planned on having anymore, so I for sure know I want some form of permanent birth control. My doctor said I wouldn't be able to get it done till about 6 weeks after the baby was born.  Also wondering how it would work since I will be breast feeding. Jackiewal10 do you know what your friend found out that made her decide against it? I appreciate your help :)

.Peaches.
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I've heard more negative things than positive. I'm really not for putting things inside my body. When we're done having kids, we plan on having him get a vasectomy, my body has been through enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN