Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

So Wednesday we leave home for 11 days .... the first 2 days (wed & Thurs) I'll be on business but tagging DH and DD along since the company is paying for gas and hotel and meals.  On Friday morning, we check out of the hotel and head out to our first pit stop.  Stay overnight then drive the rest of the way back to my DH's home state.

Here's the bummer ; I can't post on FaceBook how excited I am to go on vacation because 1 - a friend of mine lives along the way and will be all pissed that I"m not stopping by to say Hi.  I have 2 other friends who live in the city I'll be on business in but I don't have time to go see them.  3. The visit back to DH's home state is a surprise.  We have not told any family members that we are coming.  Because we live 800 miles away, DH hasn't seen his family in over a year.  It'll be awesome. 

But, I can't post anything on FB, can't post that I"m packing the bags, can't post where I"m going, because my friends will be upset and my SIL will catch on. Gah !!!!  So I'm posting it on here

I'M GOING ON VACATION !!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Replies (11-18):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Have a great time!!!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Pukalani79
by Kris on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Have fun! 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM

thank you all for your good wishes - to tell you the truth I can't wait to leave !!!!  Even if the first 2 1/2 days are business, not having to cook and clean will be awesome, staying in a hotel will be nice ! Then I can't wait to surprise my MIL with our visit, I just hope we don't give her a heart attack when she sees us ! LOL

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I know that has to suck. Although I can't exactly say why, I know exactly how you feel about having to keep it a secret. 

Y'all have fun, be careful and most of all, have fun...hehe! Don't forget about my pictures! I love seeing pictures of places I haven't seen. And IDK where you are going but I'm pretty sure I haven't been there. 

TxMamma11
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Yay! Have a great trip!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Thanks ... we are leaving tomorrow morning ... stomach in knots ! 

packed the bags this morning, last day in the office today, crossing the last "T"s and dotting the last "I"s tonight, I keep fearing we are forgetting something but hey, as long as my dogs are taken care of and I we have hotel rservations, the rest can be purchased. it's all good !!

Quoting TxMamma11:

Yay! Have a great trip!

fivegirls333
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

that is so awesome!  have a good trip...maybe it is a sign...no electronics and enjoy your family...smile.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Meh I'm not the type to "check in" everywhere I go on FB like some people.  I am bringing my lap top for work purposes the first few days and that's it.  I have no intentions of having my nose burried in a computer while I'm on vacation.  I will enjoy - it's our first real family vacation in 2 years !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Quoting fivegirls333:

that is so awesome!  have a good trip...maybe it is a sign...no electronics and enjoy your family...smile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)