Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Nose Piercing

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 27 Replies
So I had my nose pierced when I was 18 and have been thinking about getting it done again, but I'm afraid I'll look stupid. I'm 33, I stay home and will be for the next few years. Do you have yours pierced or do you think it's stupid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any piercings except my ears, which I never wear earrings in anymore, lol, but I know quite a few women (of all ages) who have their nose pierced~ I think to each her own. If you want to get it done again and like the way it looks then go for it.

CountryGrlAtHrt
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have anything pierced,I am a weenie when it comes to pain,I even am afraid of getting a Novicane shot at the Dentist,it brings me to tears,but I say go for it,it's your choice

QTMom2302
by Ami on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 33, as well & I've been getting that itch to get my nose pierced again. I've had different types of piercings (aside from ear lobes) eyebrow, belly button, rook, nose... I say just do it, you're wanting to do it, then get it done again. No I personally don't believe you would look stupid. 

Pukalani79
by Kris on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

It's pretty common.  I dont think  you'd look stupid

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I have mine done.  It's a personal preference.  I think it looks good on some people and rather tacky on others.  I like mine.  I waited until I was in my 30s to get it done, partly because I never had the money in my early 20s and partly because I was pregnant or nursing pretty much that whole time, so I didn't want to worry about infections and little people grabbing it while nursing.  It was kind of a 'hooray, I'm done with the whole baby thing and now I can do something for myself'.

lcplaygroupie
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly I was thinking about rewarding myself after I'm done nursing my baby because she is my last.... I think I will!

Quoting SallyB_LMT:

I have mine done.  It's a personal preference.  I think it looks good on some people and rather tacky on others.  I like mine.  I waited until I was in my 30s to get it done, partly because I never had the money in my early 20s and partly because I was pregnant or nursing pretty much that whole time, so I didn't want to worry about infections and little people grabbing it while nursing.  It was kind of a 'hooray, I'm done with the whole baby thing and now I can do something for myself'.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I don't. I'm rather conservative when it comes to tattoos and piercings (with the exception of ears) and I don't care for them much. I did (in a bout of rebelliousness) have my tongue pierced when I was 18 but I took it out once I had my son. 

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I always wanted mine done, but it never was the right time.  Finally I am able to do some of the things I wanted to when I was a little younger and honestly, you think of as 'young' rebellious stuff.  I got my nose pierced and about a year later I got a tattoo...lol  My mom thinks I've gone crazy.

Quoting lcplaygroupie:

Honestly I was thinking about rewarding myself after I'm done nursing my baby because she is my last.... I think I will!

Quoting SallyB_LMT:

.Peaches.
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I have mine done, and no, I don't think its stupid. Even if everyone else did, I wouldn't care (my mom, who really isn't even into piercings and hates mine and my sister's tattoos, LOVES my nose piercing).

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Your face, and it does come out if you change your mind or go back to work... so DO IT!

I had my ears stretched a few(8!) yrs ago you can't even til now.  I had to take them out for work. I'm thinking of doing it again. Plus I have a few tattoos, one thats very hard to hide... but my current work doesn't mind and I get a lot of compliments on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)