Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

My oldest daughter has her first boyffriend

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well she told me that she has a new boyfriend, this is her first boyfriend and she's going to introduce us to him tonight. She's 14 and he's 15, all I know is his name is Aaron and she really likes him. 

Michelle
Mom to 8
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody 

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlm425
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! I'm not looking forward to those days. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Good luck!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Good luck!
fivegirls333
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

yeah...he would need to see my eyeballs...up close. (clicking the safety on my gun...)

kblpooh
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. Make sure you keep the lines of communication open with your daughter. Listen to her, don't pressure her to talk about it, yet talk about what a healthy relationship is. Don't tease her or get all goofy about it. Those are a few thing I learned from my daughter. She is more willing to talk with me because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Ugh. My son is 10 and has girlfriends at school but he has no facebook and no cell phone so it can't go any further than that. 

I don't look forward to those days at all. 

alexisb3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck,I remember my first boyfriend when I was 15 and my step dad had a word with him.Said Boy,you better treat my step daughter right or there is going to be hell to pay.

allmy3girls
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

what kind of mom allows her 14yr old to have a boyfriend??  do they kiss and hold hands??, I certainly would not allow my daughters to have boyfriends at 14, I personally think she should concentrate on school and get some other hobbies, I can see boy-friends  but not more than that...sorry to be  aprude  I just disagree...whats going to happen at 15 or 16  when she might get pregnant??...ummm?   ugh... 

MommyErinS
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Good luck to you...and your daughter. When I was 15 1/2 I met and started dating my now husband (yes...I had "boyfriends" prior). I got married at 23 and we had our first daughter when I was 29. Here we are 5 years later having our 2nd daughter next Friday. Not everyone rushes into things and just bc she has a boyfriend don't assume sex is automatically part of the relationship. I have always (and still do) loved to kiss and hold hands....and of course snuggle. Definitely keep the communications open with your daughter bc it will help out in the end. Let us know how the big meeting goes. :)
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Good luck!

My dd is 11, she knows she's not allowed to have a boyfriend until she's 17.  I told her she needs to focus on school, there will be plenty of time to have a boyfriend when she's older.  Right now she's just happy having boys as friends :)  The only time she sees any of these friends is at school, :)

When she finally does get a boyfriend, he's going to be introduced to her uncle, he's a state trooper - yup, he'll be in full uniform - gun and all,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN